Uncontrolled pain 2 weeks after tummy tuck, is it normal and what to take for pain?

I am a little over 2wks post-op from a full tummy tuck with lipo. I have been taking motrin for pain and swelling. I went back to work yesterday ( i am a secretary) and now i am experiencing increasing soreness and muscle pain. I am taking 800mg of motrin q4h but it is not helping. Should i be concerned and is there something else I can take to help with pain?

800mg Motrin every 4 hours???

You are taking way too much Motrin.  If your pains are new, you should see your surgeon for an evaluation but most pains usually will flare and then start subsiding relatively soon and predictably so.  Your surgeon can provide stronger analgesics that will still allow you to be alert at work but taking that much Motrin could be dangerous to your stomach.

Pain 2 weeks after tummy tuck

it's not unusual to have pain, especially if your doctor did a muscle repair. You might check in with the Doctor, be sure nothing else is going on and get some Valium for what may be muscle spasm. You should be fine and good luck.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Pain at Two-Week Post-Op

I am so sorry to hear about the discomfort you are feeling after your recent abdominoplasty. Here are some of the instructions that we provide our patients at my office, hoping that it will help with all issues similar to what you are feeling now. With #cosmeticsurgery  such as #abdominoplasty, we have our patients start on vitamins and supplements two weeks before and two weeks after.  We prefer VitaMedica, as we know the content of these surgical support viamins.  The program includes Arnica and Bromelain.  Most patients will be placed in an abdominal binder, which they will wear the first week. There is usually a fair amount of swelling and the binder should be opened several times a day so that there are no pressure points. After the first 7 to 10 days the patient is placed in an elastic garment for compression over the next six weeks. Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.If your pain makes daily activity difficult, especially if you are only in a sitting position for work, then you may need to visit your surgeon in person for an evaluation of the incision to make sure it is healing properly. Best of luck!