Out of pocket cost for tummy tuck for diastasis recti and hernia?

I have a large diastasis recti gap and hernia but was told only the hernia surgery would be covered medically. I would like to know what the out of pocket cost would be for the abdominoplasty?

Out of pocket costs in Melbourne, FL.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for question regarding costs for tummy tuck and hernia repair.  Unfortunately, because patients vary so greatly in their individual presentations including weight and body mass and also insurance companies vary so greatly in their coverage amount, this is actually impossible to determine without an in-person examination and coordination with your insurance if insurance is going to be involved.  The cost will also vary by time needed in surgery, geographic location and other factors.  I hope this is helpful to you.  Be sure and discuss with your board-certified plastic surgeon.  Best of luck!

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Tummy Tuck Costs

Thanks for your question. This is common scenario. I would say your out of pocket costs for the tummy tuck (which would include the diastasis repair) would be somewhere in the $7500-8000 range, including facility and anesthesia fees. This could be coordinated w/ a general surgeon to do the hernia repair under insurance. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon