I'm about to have fleur de lis tummy tuck. Will high protein diet help the process of healing? And would liquid protein be best?

High protein diet before tummy tuck

If you have had massive weight loss and are considering fleur-de-lis tummy tuck, it would be wise to get full  metabolic testing done first. For your values are normal, you may not need to worry about high protein supplements, but rather a good, balanced diet. Good luck on your journey.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

High-protein diet for tummy tuck

It is important to have sufficient protein to allow your body to heal after your tummy tuck.  If your protein stores are low then you run a higher risk of wound healing complications.  Certain conditions may predispose you to low protein levels.  Having said that, if your have good nutrition before surgery then adding extra protein won't "supercharge" your healing and may actually be harmful if overdone.  Consult your Plastic Surgeon for recommendations on this or any other perioperative matter.

It's a good question. People who need well-rounded diet tend to do well without additional supplementation.However, the person who is most familiar with your medical history and who will be your surgeon should be the one directing you regarding your protocol before and after surgery. I would contact them so that they can answer your questions.Congratulations on your upcoming procedure.

I'm about to have fleur de lis tummy tuck.

Thank you for your question and I appreciate your interest in doing all you can to help your healing. You have chosen a surgeon and it is in your best interest to follow your doctor's recommendations and no one else's. You need to contact the surgeon's office for your questions and should not rely on doctors on this website who may have different routines. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD