Is 250cc under the muscle enough to restore volume and can I do low profile even if I'm slim? (photos)

I'm 5'5 107lbs with deflated breasts from breastfeeding. I am currently a 32A (1 dr said AA) though depends on brand. I met with 2 surgeons, one suggested 200-300ccs and the other 290-350ccs. I want to be a full B and really just restore volume to look like I did before kids. Chest circumstance under the breasts is 28" and measuring at the nipple is 31".

What size to choose

Picking the right size and shape of implant is the most important aspect of your breast augmentation after choosing your surgeon.  From looking at your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for breast implants.  In my opinion, which is limited via an online recommendation, is that the 290 - 350 cc implants is a better option.  Women tend to be conservative in their desires and return wishing they'd gone larger.  It's not true for everyone, but it is a general trend.  The implants under 300 cc are fairly small and I think the fullness, roundness and shape you get from the 300 - 350 cc implants would most likely satisfy your expectations better.  Moderate profile and under the muscle would give you a full natural shape.  Best wishes!

Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant

Yes, I would recommend at least 250-300cc silicone round implants placed under the muscle.  The larger the implant, the more restoration of your volume you will achieve.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Is 250cc under the muscle enough to restore volume and can I do low profile even if I'm slim?

Thank you for your question and photo,Evaluating from your photo likely 250cc would be best for you. The proper implant size and shape will be chosen by your surgeon according to your desires. In suitable placing the implant from axillary area can be done however in some cases it is better to place the implant via T cut.Best to consult a one on one consultation with a plastic surgeon where you can try on implant sizes to assure you are comfortable with the look and size. Your surgeons should have implant sizes which you can try to bra to see which size will best suite you and which is more comfortable for you.

Breast augmentation candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants): Breast Augmentation
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 350ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast augmentation sizing

Thank you for your question and posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for breast augmentation. You would need to be evaluated and preferably undergo Vectra 3-D imaging to simulate your post op results with the different sizes you mentioned.  In that size range that translates to at least a half a cup size difference.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Lift and implants

It looks like you could benefit from a small lift with implants. You can do a baggy test to get an idea of how the volume will impact your cup size.

Implant size

Implants between 250-300 cc should be fine for your frame.  I would recommend moderate profile based on the degree of sagging in the breasts.  The more significant issue is to have trust in your plastic surgeon and to be able to engage in an additional conversation as to expectations and sizing. Best wishes.

Breast implant size plan adequacy

Hello!You are petite at 107 lb and 5'5". It is likely 250cc will be fine. My best recommendation is to try on implant sizes to assure you are comfortable with the look. Your surgeons should have implant sizers to place in a bra to simulate the results with differently sized implants.You may want to consider a moderate plus projection to get a lifted look with a fuller volume for your narrow frame.Under the muscle is the best way to go!Good luck!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Breast augmentation

Thank you for the question and photos. You appear to be a good candidate for breast augmentation to restore volume for a natural look similar to your pre pregnancy breasts. The ideal size can be determined by measuring you breast base width and trying on several samples to choose the volume you are happy with. A high profile implant may be a better choice for you because it has a narrower base for your thin frame and more projection to fill the upper part of your breasts and give you an additional lift. If you are unsatisfied with the two volume choices seek additional consults with board certified plastic surgeons to feel more comfortable with your decision. Best of luck!Dr. Khuthaila

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Best breast implants for me?

Thank you for the question. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.  Having said that, for most patients with your petite frame and anatomic starting point, I recommend the use of round silicone breast implants placed in the sub muscular (dual plane) position.   You will find many similar/representative examples on the attached link.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals we have time for a you their stuff's's homewith your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "full B cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery for petite patients) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.