Steri strips have a little more blood on them 10 days post op

I'm 10 days post op, 550cc silicone gel implants. I have been taking picture everyday so I can track my progress today I noticed a little more dryer blood on both steri strips. My doctor is 3 hours away and it's a Saturday. I probably over did it this past week. Can I take the steri strips off so incisions stay clean? Should I be worried?

Post op bleeding

What you are describing sounds completely normal.  However, to be sure I would contact your surgeon and ask for his advice.  He may ask you for photos or ask  you to come in to the office.  The first few weeks after surgery are critical to ensure long lasting results.  A little blood is usually not a big deal but you will want to let your doctor know.  

Steri strips

Thanks for your question. The steri strips may be removed at this point (10 days after surgery). Occasionally there can be dried blood on the dressings following breast augmentation surgery. My suggestion would be to get in contact with your plastic surgeon and let them know that there has been a change in the appearance of the dressings. I hope that helps, and all the best.

Ian MacArthur, MD, FRCSC
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Steri strips post op

If you are 10 days post op you can take your steri strips off with no problem.You can then start some scar creams if you want.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and ster-strips

You should ask your surgeon, even if he is 3 hours away. He should be able to be contacted through his office service.  Best of luck.

Steri strips have a little more blood on them

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your surgery.  It is not uncommon to have a small amount of bloody drainage on steristrips after a procedure and this may spread in the first few days of recovery.  That said it would be best to alert your surgeon to this change in your recovery to ensure there are no other issues taking place and to have the best treatment advice recommended to you - maintaining the strips or removing them.  Hope this helps.

Why not make a phone call to your chosen operative surgeon before doing this posting? He/she is the person best to address this issue/concern. Yes pick up your cell and call now....

Steri strips have a little more blood on them 10 days post op = as your plastic surgeon about it #ba #breastimplants #breastaug

Patients with questions and concerns about their breast augmentation with implants healing process should address those concerns with the plastic surgeon that performed the operation. 

John Mesa, MD

Blood on steri-strips

Thanks for your inquiry.  I suggest you call your doctor to discuss ASAP.  It is not normal to have new blood on your incisions this far after surgery.  I would not change your steristrips without discussing with your surgeon.  Good Luck.