I have flat nose. The bridge of my nose is flat. Any suggestions? (photos)

Creating a more refined nose

Thank you for your photo.  You are quite attractive and some changes to your nose would enhance you appearance.   It feel that you could benefit from a few different rhinoplasty maneuvers which would help better define the appearance of your nose.  I would suggest augmenting the nasal bridge.  I prefer to use your own tissue but nasal dorsal implants are frequently used successfully for this purpose.  I think you would benefit from some tip refinement, but I would be conservative in the degree of definition. I would also suggest narrowing the width of the nasal base.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Nasal Augmentation

The bridge of your nose can be built up using either an implant or a larger cartilage graft. There are advantage and disadvantages to either approach.

Asian Rhinoplasty

Thank you for including your picture. It is common among Asian patients to have a lower dorsum and flat bridge. You can improve this with building up your dorsum and bridge of your nose with grafts. I recommend a consultation with a  rhinoplasty surgeon who can provide in office computer imaging. This will allow for an honest discussion with your surgeon on your concerns and how they can be achieved and what options are available to you. Best of luck!

Gina Chu, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Low bridge and tip

Your concerns are common concerns in rhinoplasty.  The bridge of your nose can be elevated and the tip of the nose can be refined and projected.  Elevating the bridge of the nose will result in a three-dimensional effect of creating a narrowing of the bridge.  The elevation of the tip will also create refinement and narrowing to the tip region of the nose.

Flat nose

thank you for the picture.  Common question among patients with your facial structure.  While rhinoplasty may be a definitive way of improving the contour of your nose via surgery, sometimes people aren't ready to jump into the "deep end of the pool".  You certainly could do surgery, and additional grafting, whether it be from your ear, or rib cartilage/diced or not with temporalis fascia can all be done depending on the degree of projection wanted.  Again, this is best assessed in person to get an idea of your overall facial proportions and what would look best on your particular face.  
another option if you are not inclined to do surgery, is to do fillers.  careful fillers done by an experienced injector can give you great results via a liquid rhinoplasty.  the results are relatively long lasting (around 9 months on average before you need a touch up), and can give you what you want with no downtime.  now, it is not the same as a formal rhinoplasty and you are limited as far as what can be done with filler, but you can get a great, subtle result as well.  
best of luck! 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Flat Nose Answers

From your photo it looks like you are of Asian descent. It is common to have a flatter nasal bridge, and many methods have been used to build up the bridge of the nose over the years. The safest and most long lasting technique is to use your own cartilage to build up this area. It is important to consult an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to see what method will work best for you. 

Ira D. Papel, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian Rhinoplasty

One of the things that I find so exciting about plastic surgery is that to achieve a successful outcome, technical expertise has to be coupled with artistry.  The same holds true for Asian rhinoplasty.  While many surgeons may be proficient in rhinoplasty, it is important to find a rhinoplasty specialist experienced with Asian noses and enhancing Asian beauty to achieve the best result possible for you.  Computer morphing of your nose during an in-person consultation with a rhinoplasty specialist would more definitively determine the best grafts for your nose.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty for a flat nose

An augmentation rhinoplasty to build a bridge of the nose can be accomplished with a multitude of different grafting materials which include nasal cartilage,  ear cartilage, rib cartilage, and synthetic implants. It's best to talk to  your operative surgeon about the best options, since each individual rhinoplasty procedure is customized according to the patient's  Unique anatomy.

Rhinoplasty

An rhinoplasty can be performed with a graft to augment the dorsum. This can be done with your own cartilage or a cadavers, or a alloplastic graft like silicone.