Smas facelift after thread lift?

Is it possible to have a smas facelift after having a threadlift a month ago? Had very disappointing results with threads.

Facelift

the surgery is possible, but it is better to wait 6 months to one year before doing another surgery, 

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

SMAS facelift after hread lift?

We have performed many SMAS  facelifts and removed threads that were previously placed.  Probably best to wait a few more months after that initial thread lift  placement before having them removed with the facelift.

SMAS Facelift after Thread Lift

Unfortunately I've seen many people who have had similar disappointing results after a thread lift. The good news is that experienced facelift surgeons have achieved excellent results in doing a SMAS lift in patients like you. I suggest you wait until swelling secondary to the thread lift has resolved. Consult with a facial rejuvenation specialist about the timing of your procedure.

SMAS after threads

Yes, you can have "real" surgery after the thread lift. I would prefer to have you wait at least three months from surgery though in order to let some of the natural inflammation resolve.

Smas facelift after thread lift?

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face. 

If the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions and no incisions extend or are placed within the hair.
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.  Any form of suspension facelift (threads, sutures etc.) won't last.  A minimally invasive SMAS facelift, as described above, could be performed a month after the thread lift as long as the skin over the face wasn't dissected to remove excess skin at the same time as the threads were placed (there would have been an incision around the front of the ears).

Hope this helps.

Facelift After Threadlift?

Threadlifts long ago were shown to be ineffective as they did not deliver noticeable long lasting results. For that reason they were abandoned by all thoughtful surgeons who wanted to provide high quality outcomes for their patients. In fact, the specific type of suture which started the whole thread lift phenomenon was taken off the market because of the high complication rates. Recently there appears to be some resurgence in Threadlifts, almost exclusively by physicians who are not certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Typically these physicians do not have the education or training to be able to perform true facelift surgery. The results, predictably, are again disappointing. 

You should wait a few months for any residual swelling to resolve, but then you would be able to have a true SMAS facelift. You would best off finding a Real Plastic Surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, who does facelift procedures on a regular basis, and who can show you quality before/after photos of previous facelift patients.