$15000 for breast lift and augmentation, tummy tuck and lipo around the wast line , basically mommy makeover! Too expensive?

Cost of a MM

• Cost factors vary significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

• 1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctor’s office? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.

• 2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc. Will other complementary procedures also be also performed during the same surgery?

Mommy Makeover - Is $15,000 fair?

Thank you for your question.   The cost for a mommy makeover commonly ranges from $12,000 - $18,000, so it does appear you have received a reasonable price. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon based upon experience and the results he or she can deliver, not just on cost alone. Hope this helps and good luck with your procedure.

15K for mommy makeover

Hi Baruax,

Thanks for your question. It seems fair and may be on the lower side of cost depending on who you ask. Or even on the high side depending on who does the surgery. The most expensive plastic surgery is bad surgery done by inexperienced surgeons. Please chose a surgeon based on credentials and EXPERIENCE. They will provide you more value based on your outcome and treatments recommended rather just on price alone. I find that most patients that pic a surgeon based on price end up spending more money with other surgeons to correct the issues. Of course you can find good surgeons with all kinds of prices, but just feel comfortable and safe with your decision!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
#mommymakeover #docmata

Mmo

It is actually within the price range for a MMO in the US.
We charge about half here across the border. check our before and after pictures and contact our patients.

Cost is important, but shouldn't be the only factor

Most important, make sure you go to a board certified plastic surgeon for any plastic surgery. Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery ensures a certain amount of training and education. There are many cosmetic surgeons who may not be trained in plastic surgery who still can offer you surgery. 

Second, don't let price alone drive you to have surgery from a surgeon with whom you are not comfortable. Doctor patient communication is critical to getting the best result from your surgery. 

Finally, you need to decide between breast augmentation, breast lift, liposuction, mini-tummy tuck, full tummy tuck, and body lift procedures. You will not need all of those procedures to really achieve your goals.

In Columbus, Ohio where I practice, the total price (surgeon's fees, anesthesia fees and facility fees) for a mommy makeover can range between $6000 and $14000.

Best of luck.

Cost of Mommy Makeover, multiple procedures

Thank you for your question about Mommy Makeover.

Realself provides data for the average cost of breast lift with implants, tummy tuck and liposuction in your area.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Cost of a mommy makeover

You are basically asking about multiple procedures, which involve implants, therefore the price you were quoted seems to be fair if your surgeon is experienced. Expect to pay a little more or a little less depending on the skill of your surgeon. If you are unsure I would suggest consulting with at least one more plastic surgeon to get a second opinion.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Mommy make-over - is cost too high

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• For the surgery you are considering, the fee - including surgeon's fees, garments, implants, anesthesia, and operating room - seems reasonable.
  • If you think it is too expensive, I suggest you get a second opinion to see if you can do better with an equally qualified plastic surgeon.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Cost for Mommy Makeover

Hi Baruax,

Thank you for your question.  The price for the procedures that you have listed can vary widely, especially when they are performed at the same time (Mommy Makeover).  Many times this depends on the experience of the surgeon, the area of the country where you live, and your anatomy.

My best advice would be to schedule several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons in your area to get a range of what these procedures would be for you.  Then go with the surgeon that you feel most comfortable with.

Best wishes!

Dr. Brown

Daniel Brown, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

The price for Mommy Makeover

The price is reasonable. However, keep in mind that  the most crucial factor is- finding the most experienced and qualified Surgeon to perform your Surgery.