How much to I have to put down (down payment) before the breast augumentation surgery?

I am trying to figure out what the down payment will probably be prior to surgery or if I can pay after? I am choosing to use a card so that I don't have to pay it all right away like I would if I was paying in cash. I have scheduled my consultation and am really eager to find this out. I won't be using carecredit because I will have the money just not all right away.

Financial Questions

Thank you for your question. Your Plastic Surgeon should be able to provide you with financial requirements for your procedure. Each practice has their own policies. I recommend that you contact them.
All the best

Payment for aug

Every surgeon has their own billing /payment schedule.In my practice all payments are paid at least a week before in FULL.Sometimes patients will put it on a credit card and pay it off over several months.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

All practices have different financial policies.  Sometimes consultation fees will be applied to the surgery fee if you book.  You can expect to put a fee down as a deposit to hold the surgery date which is different for each practice.  The deposit may be 10% or greater or could simply be a flat rate.  The final payment is due several weeks before surgery.  It is best to check with your board certified plastic surgeon for their specific financial policies.  Hope this helpful.

J. Douglas Robertson, MD, FACS
Montgomery Plastic Surgeon

Difficult to answer your question

Every practice has different policies and procedures as far as this is concerned. Typically, most practices require a deposit to hold a surgery date and full payment of the balance a few weeks prior to your planned surgery date. That amount is typically a certain percentage of the total cost of your procedure or a flat fee. It simply varies from practice to practice. It is best to ask your surgeon's office for their policy for payment. Good luck with your procedure.Best wishes,Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Each practice will have their own financial policies. some will require a deposit to hold the surgical date. It varies by the surgeon , office, etc. When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of breast augmentation  and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely. Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Money Put Down

Most offices are going to require some sort of non-refundable deposit up front in order to even schedule your surgery. The rest of the cost of surgery will have to be paid in full before it is performed. Contact your surgeons office to see what forms of credit they may take outside of major credit cards. Either way, expect to have to pay 100% before surgery.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your excellent question.  Each practice will have their own financial policies but most will require either $500-1000 down to reserve the date and time for surgery, with the remaining balance paid at least two weeks prior to the procedure.  Many practices will have financing options such as CareCredit or Alphaeon.  Hope this helps.

Breast augmentation

I think that the majority if not all surgeons would expect full payment for surgery before the surgical procedure.  Best to check with your doctor on his financial policies.

Surgical fees for breast augmentation

Most plastic surgeons will require payment in full prior to your surgery date, often 2 weeks prior.  In addition, some will require a deposit to hold the surgical date.  Best of luck to you.  BTW, I am glad you have a consultation set up.  Please do yourself a favor and make sure they are a board certified plastic surgeon with a good reputation in your area.  Be well.

Payments prior to surgery

I think that every surgeon is going to require full payment prior to the surgery.   I require a $500 deposit to hold the date, then full payment before the surgery. 

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon