Uneven boobs after 7 weeks ba

I am about 7 weeks out from my ba. I have 415cc under the muscle gummy bear implants. My surgeon had a difficult time with my left breast, the pocket was tight and the Breast sat higher for awhile but they looked great. This morning I woke and noticed that my right one has dropped a large amount and my left one is still higher. They are very uneven and it's making me nervous. Is this normal?

Breast augmentation implant displacement

It appears that your right implant is lower then your left. That shoulder is lower as well. However, support of the left with tape, special bra, string shoelace technique and or straps may allow the body to hold the implant in proper position. It would need support for a minimum of 30 constant days. Best to see your plastic surgeon for their advise. Good luck...

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast Uneven

There is no substitute for a good in-person exam, as photos can sometimes be deceiving.  That said, I feel it si pretty obvious you have a significant asymmetry.  When we do breast augmentation we try to center the implant under the nipple, which creates the most aesthetically pleasing and natural result.  Your photos seems to demonstrate that your left implant is in the ideal position, even though the insertion process was more challenging.  Your right implant is too low.  You can see much more of the implant below the nipple.  It is impossible to tell why this happened.  It may be possible to correct this with conservative measures such as full time use of an underwire bra and upward massage.  However, you need to know that surgical correction may be necessary, which would entail closing down the lower part of the pocket and likely re-inforcing the repair with an acellular dermal matrix (ADM) graft such as Alloderm or Strattice.  Work with your Plastic Surgeon to come up with a solution that will give you the results you want.
Best of luck.

Uneven boobs after 7 weeks ba.

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  It appears that your left breast has healed very well with an attractive shape and size.  Your right breast has unfortunately fallen too low on your chest and has bottomed out.  Correction will require a revision surgery to tighten the implant pocket along its lower border to help reposition the implant higher on your chest.  Voice your concerns to your surgeon, they should offer you the appropriate treatment recommendations and if not, seek a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best wishes.

Uneven Implants

Hello and thank you for your question and photo. While there does appear to be an obvious difference between your two implants and the position in which they sit, it is still very early. Has your surgeon instructed you on breast massage? If you aren't having any other symptoms, I would suggest that you follow up with your surgeon to make sure there's nothing else going on. Otherwise, the size and shape of both implants look great! Good luck to you! 

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation Recovery

I ask my patients to allow four weeks after surgery to decide on how they like the size etc. The placement of the implant is critical during surgery to preserve the breast ligament especially the crease. If one were to have a crease lowered too much it would have to be surgically repaired.  

Frank J. Ferraro, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming out after breast augmentation surgery…

I am sorry to hear about/see the problems you are having after breast augmentation surgery. I think your concerns are appropriate; the lower breast implant does seem to sit quite low on your chest wall, consistent with breast implant displacement ("bottoming out”).  Also, consistent with the breast implant positioning problem, the nipple areola complexes seem to be sitting relatively high, because the breast implants have settled too low.
I think you will benefit from revisionary breast surgery which will likely involve capsulorraphy ( internal suture repair). This procedure serves to reconstruct the lower poles of the breasts and prevent migration of the breast implants too far inferiorly. Associated issues with positioning of nipple/areola complexes should improve with this operation.
In my practice, this type of repair involves a two layer, permanent suture repair (reconstructing the inframammary fold areas). Sometimes, depending on the clinical situation and history, the use of additional support materials such as acellular dermal matrix or biosynthetic mesh is also helpful.

Make sure that the plastic surgeon who does this procedure for you can demonstrate significant experience with this type of revisionary breast surgery. Key will be: your surgeon's experience level, careful execution of the procedure, careful attention to postoperative care/activity restrictions.
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to corrective surgery for bottoming out concerns), helps.

Uneven boobs after 7 weeks

Thank you for your question and photo.  My advice is to wait 4-6 months before considering a "final" result.  That being said, based on your photograph, it seems that your right implant has fallen below the natural breast crease.  Best to consult with your ps to determine if a revision would be necessary.  Good Luck.

Bottoming out

The lower breast has bottomed out and will need to be revised in order to obtain better symmetry.  I would wait a few more weeks to let the capsule mature because this will need to be tightened to improve the implant malposition.  Best wishes. 

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Left implant

Your left implant looks like it may have bottomed out. This may require a revision. Best to review with your surgeon.

Uneven implants after 7 weeks

• Thank you for your question about your breast implants.
  • I am so sorry this has happened.
  • Your photo shows that the left implant has bottomed out
  • This means it has moved below the natural breast crease.
  • It will not self correct and will need to be surgically corrected.
  • Please see your surgeon in follow up - depending on the situation, revision is usually done at 6 months although earlier revisions at 3 months are possible.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
    Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS