Glue from incisions sticking to bra. (photos)

So my doctor had glued my indecision shut instead of stitching them which is all good but now the glue from it is getting stuck on my surgical bra and I keep having to slowly pull it off , and it doesn't hurt (at least right now) but I'm scared that after awhile it's going to start to get irritated or pull on the insision. Any thoughts?

Surgical Glue

Thank you for your question and the photos. Non-stick/Telfa or gauze will help provide a barrier and alleviate the catching on your clothes. The glue will peel off on its own over time.Best,Benjamin J. Cousins MDBoard Certified Plastic Surgeon 

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Best to put a piece of nonadherent gauze (like Telfa) on top of the incisions so the glue doesn't stick to your clothing. Eventually, it'll start peeling off. Good luck!

Glue

Hello. First check with your PS... but if its been a week or two or after surgery, you can just peel that flaking glue off. If it doesn't hurt or cause pain to the wound or the skin to separate, it should be fine to pull off. Again, verify with your PS as they may have other thoughts. 

Glue from incisions sticking to bra.

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. What you are experiencing is not unusual; it may persist for a few weeks and sometimes flakes off. The use of a nonstick dressing between your incision line and clothing/bra be helpful.  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with

Glue sticking to bra

I would recommend placing a small strip of nonstick gauze such as Telfa over the incision. Although it may stick to this to some degree as well, it likely will not be as bad as the cloth.

Earl E. Ferguson III, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Glue sticking on bra

Thanks for your question and photos.  Looks like all is healing well.  You may want to place a telfa (non stick gauze) pad over the area to avoid irritation.  Best of luck.

Skin glue is getting on bra

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • You might try putting a small gauze over the glue to keep it from sticking to the bra.
  • Glue does work well but it does take time to come off.
  • Glad things are going well otherwise.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Glue from incisions sticking to bra.

Thank you for your question. You can place a small dry gauze on top of the incision. Please discuss this with your PS

Glue from excisions

Thank you for your questions and for the photos.
Although the glue should not ne tacky at this stage sometimes the glue can leave a rough area which your bra may stick to. Check with your plastic surgeon for advise, in the meantime you could place just a dry piece of gauze in the bra to protect the incision.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon