Why does my nose look weird? (Photo)

Why does my nose look indented on the sides. Maybe I'm just over thinking things but I think it look weird in photos.

Weird nose?

It is completely normal to see some irregularities in the nose as the different cartilages can be different shapes or in different positions. It would be best to see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for consultation to find out what can or cannot be done. Indentations can often be filled in, leaving you with a much smoother nose.

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I have indented areas on my nose

Hi and thanks for your question and photo.  I do see some irregular contours on the sides of your nose and your nose does appear to be wide.  These are issues that can be taken care of with a rhinoplasty.  I would be happy to see you for a consultation with computer imaging to show you what can be achieved.  Good luck.  Dr. Pontell

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty for a crooked and asymmetric nose

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish straightening the crooked nose, adjusting the asymmetries, and making the entire nose narrower. For more information  and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Nose

We cannot make a diagnosis based on one photograph. But if you want to change the appearance of your nose, do  your homework and find an expert or two, who do alot of rhinoplasties. After a history and examination, they will make recommendations.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

If you are not happy with the appearance of your nose, then you are best to go for consultation to be evaluated in person.  Good luck.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhino

Thank you for your question.  If you don't like the outside appearance of your nose you should schedule a consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  At your consult you will be able to find out what options would be available to you and have all your questions answered.  Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photograph.I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so they can perform a nasal examination and give you the best options. From what I can tell in your photo, you would benefit from an open rhinoplasty to thin out the bridge of the nose and possibly a tip rhinoplasty to reduce the size of the tip of your nose which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing and proportional to the rest of your face. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

View of the nose in pictures

Thank you for your question.  It has to do with the position of the lower lateral cartilage (think of it as a cartilage that has the shape of the McDonald's M arches, and come together to make your nasal tip) as well as how the upper lateral cartilages (which is the middle part of your nose) contacts the nasal bone (which is the top part of your nose).  There are a variety of different things that you can do depending on nasal projection, appearance during motion, etc.  Everything from minimally invasive fillers all the way through a corrective rhinoplasty.  I hope this give you some information into what you are seeing - I suggest for more details you seek someone in consultation and they will be more than happy to explain things in further detail as a physical exam will always be able to tell more about the story.  Best of luck!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon