How much would it cost to fix my bifid nose tip? Are there different techniques? I want permanent surgery, not a filler (Photo)

I have a very slight indent on my nose tip.Its very noticable in certain lighting and almost not at all when i move my nose downward (i dont know how eles to explain moving my nose).In one of the photos i posted where the indent isnt very easy to see, i am moving my nose and nostrils downward and i like how it looks when i do it.

Bifid nasal tip correction

Hi EmyMay, thanks for sharing your photos.  The bifid nasal tip can be corrected permanently with a rhinoplasty procedure which helps to narrow and refine the entire nasal tip.  This requires a combination of techniques to reduce the size and correct the shape of the nasal tip cartilages.Typical cost for rhinoplasty can range from $8K-$12K inclusive of surgical/facility/anesthesia fees.

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost to fix a bifid nasal tip

The cost of a rhinoplasty is directly determined by the amount of time it takes to perform the procedure in an operating room, the amount of time it takes monitored by a physician anesthesiologist under general anesthesia, and the surgeon's fees for performing the rhinoplasty in addition to all of the postoperative follow-up appointments for one year. The bulbous and bifid tip is treated with suture techniques and a conservative cartilage removal applied to the lower lateral cartilages of the nasal tip. The bridge line will also need to be narrowed as well, therefore a full rhinoplasty is required. For more information about bulbous tip reduction and many before-and-after results, please see the link and the video below

Fixing My Wide Bifid Nasal Tip

Your wide. round, bifif tip can be corrected with a tip-plasty which is a limited rhinoplasty. It will cost $6,000-7500 for the operating room, anesthesia, and surgeon's fees.

Round and bifid tip

Based on your photos you appear to be a great candidate for tip rhinoplasty to reduce the cleft/bifidity of the tip. The cost is ~$10K and includes the surgeon fee, OR fee, and the anesthesia fees.  

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

Bifid Nasal Tip Concerns

Thanks for your post and questions. The appearance of your nasal tip relates to the underlying cartilage and soft tissue structures that form this area in one's nose. An open approach rhinoplasty would allow your physician to gain access and correctly identify the specific cause and relationship of the tip cartilages creating the bifid issue. Some cases can be corrected with direct suture modification, while others require more complex remedies. This improvement is permanent and does not require fillers. Rhinoplasty costs may vary by surgeon, case complexity and regional factors. Realself has some information posted by users, or ask your Facial Plastic Surgeon for this information. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon