Do I look ugly? Be honest please! I hate my side profile. My nose is too big and I have a weak chin. (Photo)

I really hate my side profile since forever. I want a nosejob so bad. My nose makes me feel ugly and not confident. I hate turning my head to the side.

? Ugly Nose

Ugly is a very strong word and is a personal perception. You do have a large nose with a prominent dorsum and a bit of a hang, but in many racial backgrounds this is typical and would not be considered abnormal or ugly. You should only consider rhinoplasty if you are concerned, not what others think. Regards, Dr Steve Merten, Sydney, Australia

ETHNIC RHINOPLASTY CANDIDATE

DEAR ANGLERKWT, YOU DO NOT LOOK UGLY IN ANY WAY AND FROM THE PHOTOGRAPH I CAN NOT SEE YOUR CHIN TO DETERMINE A WEAK CHIN OR NOT. YOU COULD REDUCE YOUR NOSE TO IMPROVE YOUR PROFILE WITH AN ETHNIC RHINOPLASTY THAT WILL REFINE YOUR NOSE WHILE STILL LOOKING MASCULINE WHILE ENHANCING YOUR PROFILE AND OVERALL FACIAL AESTHETICS. AT CONSULTATION CHIN AUGMENTATION WOULD BE DISCUSSED. SEE AN EXPERT RHINOPLASTY SURGEON TO HAVE IMAGING PERFORMED THAT CAN SHOW YOU THE PROPOSED CHANGES.  SEE THE SURGEONS BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOGRAPHS TO ENSURE NATURAL LOOKING MALE RHINOPLASTY RESULTS AND THEN MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION. FOR EXAMPLES SEE THE LINK BELOW AND VIDEO ABOVE. BEST REGARDS, MICHAEL V. ELAM, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty with chin implant

You're profile would be easy to improve. The hump consists of bone and cartilage. When the bone is "shaved down" the sides will need to be broken free at the base to narrow it and bring the bones back together. The cartilage is shaved down to complete the new profile.The bulk in your tip can be sculpted away then sutures used to raise it to a better position. These are common techniques we use all the time in rhinoplasty and you could easily have a new look with a down time and recovery of about a week before you'd return to sedentary work. Computer imaging is a great way to get a preview of how you might look. A chin implant can create a better look in many patients and when you look at your computer simulation with or without chin enhancement you can decide if it's right for you.

Gregory J. Stagnone, MD

Nose and chin

anglekwt, see an experienced surgeon that specializes in "only faces" and has years or experience. Look for a lot of good photos. See the video and good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant for a more attractive face.

You are not alone! There are many patients we see just like you. Rhinoplasty and chin implant will make you look much better. Make sure you see a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does NATURAL looking noses and not the overdone look.

My nose is too big and I have a weak chin.

If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough, it can be cosmetically improved with a rhinoplasty. Whether it is worth doing is a decision that is personal and only you can make. A receding chin can be improved with a natural appearing chin implant.
Nasal cosmetic surgery and a chin implant are frequently performed together in the appropriate patient. The ideal aesthetic result should be individualized to achieve harmony with your other facial features and improve the areas that concern you.
Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. The extent and length of the procedure, cost, and the specific operative steps to achieve an ideal cosmetic result vary from patient to patient and would depend on the findings at your consultation examination.
Robert Singer, M.D., FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Nose Out of Harmony

When the nose is out of proportion to the rest of the features of the face, it becomes "distracting."  This is especially accentuated if you have a weak chin.  A rhinoplasty and possibly a chin implant can balance these proportions very nicely.  We can perform 3D morphing to show that you could look like after these procedures.

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Nose help is here!

You can improve your nose shape with a closed rhinoplasty that will dramatically improve your nose. Surgery is quick and affordable. A consultation is necessary to provide you more detail and costs. Please see example of patients who have undergone a closed rhinoplasty.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal, chin implant for weak chin profile

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump which is composed of both bone and cartilage. The tip of the nose can be refined  and the bridge line narrowed. It's also important to release the  depressor septi ligament which pulls the tip down when smiling.  A chin implant can be placed for patients who have a weak and recessive chin profile to help with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose.  For more information and many examples of this combination, please see the link and the video below