I had a rhinoplasty around 12 days ago now, and was wondering will the bridge of my nose and that go down as it looks very wide?

12 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Recovering from rhinoplasty: evaluating your result

Recovering from rhinoplasty is a healing process. Part of that process is waiting for swelling to go away. In the first 4-6 weeks, the majority of swelling will go down. This is followed by 6-9 months of a downward trending rollercoaster of swelling going up and down. Around a year the result is more visible; however, the nose continues to refine for years. Check out my video as I describe this process. It's tough to evaluate your outcome until the swelling recedes. Please Be patient. Keep up with your follow-up appointments so you surgeon can keep you on track for a safe and happy outcome. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after rhinoplasty

It is very difficult to answer  your question without photos.  However, 12 days is very early in your recovery and you are definitely still swollen.  The bridge and the tip will continue to improve as the swelling subsides.  

Swelling after rhinoplasty

On day 12 after rhinoplasty, there is still significant nasal swelling throughout the nose. The swelling will slowly subside over the course of 4-6 weeks. However, even after 6 weeks, there will be continued changes through skin contraction, leading to further refinement of the nose. It takes time for natural healing to occur. Since you did not provide any pictures, this answer had to be somewhat generic. Please follow-up with your rhinoplasty surgeon and adhere to his or her instruction. Best wishes!

Thomas J. Walker, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon