Best treatment for my early rhinophyma?

I have had an oily and slightly disfigured nose since I was a teenager. I wasn't aware that this was related to my rosacea, and I had rhinoplasty to improve it's appearance. I am now 36 and the condition has exacerbated to the point where I have a small nodule on the front of the nose and overall swelling. I think this is early rhinophyma. If so, what treatment would be optimal for me? thank you.

Laser treatment for rhinopehyma

The best treatment for rhinophyma, either early or later stages, is the CO2 laser resurfacing procedure. It is my treatment of choice for over 20 years with excellent results and no recurrence. Good luck in your 

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best treatment for early rhinophyma

Thank you for your question.The best treatment that I would recommend would be surgical shaving to a normal nasal profile with or without laser resurfacing. I would then exam you for possible basal cell cancer as this can be common in people with rhinophyma. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon