My Diet Tips....
Byon 24 Mar 2013
This is the plan I followed to drop my 70 pounds and now keep it off!
1. I follow Weight Watchers points system. I never eat over 1500 calories a day.
2. Weigh myself one a week to make sure I stay within my five pound weight range.
3. Drink 8 glasses of ice water a day. Stay away from soda!
4. Stick to the following foods: whole grains, oatmeal, egg whites, fresh fruits and veggies, low fat dairy (string cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, skim milk or vanilla soy milk), only lean protein (chicken, fish, turkey, love salmon, only eat red meat once a week, olive oil is the only oil I use on anything, peanut butter and almond butter in moderation, whey protein shakes are also really good. I make these with frozen fruit, vanilla soy milk and whey protein powder which I purchase at the health food store.
5. I have one treat a day which is an ounce of extra dark chocolate. Make sure it is at least 70% caco for the health benefits.
6. I take vitamin C and a Super B complex each evening as well.
The one thing I will not give up is my coffee in the morning. I allow myself two cups a day and need it :) However I did give up the flavored creamers. I now use fat free hand and half with a packet of Equal.
Now I can't stress this one enough...EXERCISE! I go to the gym 4-5 times a week and do an equal mix of cardio and weight training. I also do the boot camp classes which really kick your booty. All in all I spend about 6-8 hours a week in the gym. You hurt like crazy but also feel good at the same time. I am extreme and that is not necessary. As long as you are getting some sort of exercise 3-5 times a week that will help. Walking is good!!! Find something you really enjoy and go for it.
I think I have finally found what it takes to keep my weight off but it is still a daily work in progress. Maintaining is almost harder than dropping the weight. It is a life change not a diet.
When I know I am going to have a busy day I plan my food out the night before so I make sure I eat properly. Another key is to eat every 3-4 hours and add protein to each meal. Never eat a carb without a protein!
Tell yourself over and over in your head “I Can Do This”. Time and patience is what it takes. This will not happen overnight and it’s not a race. The goal is to be healthy and active…not skinny.
And if you have a bad day; don’t beat yourself up. Just get back on the wagon the next day.