Cost of facelift unerring local anesthesia? (Photo)

Interested in a mid facelift neck facelift using local anesthesia. Is it safe and how long does it last?

The Anesthesia of a Facelift and Costs

All surgical #procedures carry some degree of #risk. The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation. However, based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives Also, another element to a #satisfying result of your procedures are realistic #expectations.

Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should consider the Lite-lift™. Like the Life-Style™ facelift, this is a modified facelift that can be performed in the office with a local #anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face.

Facelift safety

Facelifts are typically performed under general anesthesia and take about 3 hours. The procedure is extremely safe when performed by a surgeon with expertise and experience. I would advise you to find a board certified plastic surgeon and schedule a consultation. If you are worried about the anesthesia, ask if you can speak with the anesthesiologist and share your concerns. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Facelift/ neck lift under local anesthesia

In our practice, a lower face and neck lift is performed under general anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure By a board-certified physician anesthesiologist percent patient safety and comfort. The procedure itself lasts approximately three hours, and patients are simply uncomfortable and unable to sit still for that three-hour period of time. In addition, you will have conscious awareness of  the procedure and the injections to get the face completely numb prior to the procedure are painful.

Midfacial lift/lowe facelift under local anesthesia

Dear loki2016:

While both mid-facial and full lower facelifts can certainly be performed --either separately or together -- under local anesthesia, most plastic surgeons seem to prefer that their patients have surgery under general anesthesia. But when done awake, there is actually less risk--and certainly less cost to our patients. The worst thing is to have a face lift patient nauseated and throwing up (which increases the risk of bleeding in the face and neck) after coming out of general anesthesia, and this almost never happens with the "awake" lifts. Talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who has a lot of experience doing facelift, eyelid and mid-face rejuvenation under local anesthesia and mild sedation for further details (like costs, which can vary a lot from one part of the country to another). Good luck!

James H. Scheu, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

#Facelift

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Facelift costs, surgery

You have chosen an excellent procedure for yourself. In many years experience, patients enjoyed the results for many years. This is why I advise the surgery at a younger age. The fees will vary depending upon your geographical location, and the extent of your surgery. Facelifts under local anesthesia can range from 9-12K, all depending on the amount of time your surgeon needs. Additional procedures like eyelids will raise the cost. I do like to work efficiently, so local anesthesia with sedation is good for the patient as well. All the best..Dr Thomas A Narsete

Facelift under local anesthesia... is it safe?

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

A face lift under local anesthesia is a well accepted approach to facial rejuvenation. Usually it will save significant cost to your procedure. The important issue is that your surgeon is board certified, and that the results with this technique are acceptable to you. Some times lesser anesthesia procedures will sacrifice on the level of complexity to the procedure, resulting in less long lasting results. 

Wishing you the best in your journey

Facelift under local anesthesia

Can a facelift be done under local anesthesia? Yes, absolutely, but it depends on the experience and comfort level of the surgeon. Most of mine are done under local with oral or IV sedation, but if you had told me I would be doing it that way ten years ago, I would not have thought that to be possible, but there are many advantages. I find that there is less bleeding which leads to less bruising and swelling and an overall quicker recovery. Part of being able to do it under local anesthesia involved changes in the local anesthetic mixture, and developing a great level of skill at the procedure. Obviously, you cannot lie down on an operating table for several hours under local anesthesia, so it takes an efficient and experienced surgeon. Overall, developing the expertise to perform facelifts under local (with sedation) has resulted in a more satisfying experience for both patient and surgeon alike.

Ben Lee, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Facelift with local anesthesia

I commonly do facelifts under local anesthesia. It is safe and comfortable for the patient and allows them to bounce back faster with no general anesthesia worries. I use oral sedation to make my patients comfortable and then tumescent infiltration to provide hemostasis and anesthesia. 

Costs vary by location and surgeon. Choose your surgeon carefully and do your homework. Don't rely on the internet alone. Speak to actual patients. 

Remember, The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

All the Best,

Dr. J

A. Dean Jabs M.D. Ph.D. FACS
6430 Rockledge Drive
Bethesda MD 20817

Facelift under local anesthesia

Hello.  Thank you for your question.  Face/neck lift procedures can absolutely be performed safely using local anesthesia, with or without light sedation using oral or IV medications.  I have performed thousands of facelift procedures, along with many other facial rejuvenation procedures, using local anesthesia and light sedation.  I have a perfect, untarnished safety record using this type of anesthesia.  In my opinion, this is a safer, more cost effective approach for most cosmetic surgery patients, because it eliminates the cost and diminishes the risks associated with general anesthesia.  Patients must understand, however, that without general anesthesia, they may be awake and/or aware at times during the procedure, but they should not feel any pain or discomfort once the local anesthetic injections are performed.  The results from facelift should be the same, whether performed under local anesthesia with light sedation or general anesthesia, as long as the same surgical technique is utilized.  Be sure to view before and after results and patient reviews for any potential surgeon to ensure that they provide the experience and results that you desire.  I would encourage you to seek a consultation with a board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience performing facial rejuvenation procedures and allow them to assess your individual anatomy, concerns, and goals, and determine the best treatment plan for you.  I wish you the best in achieving your aesthetic goals.

Michael Boggess, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon