Does a facelift change the size of nose?

I had a Brow lift, eyes (upper & lower) neck lift, facelift. My nose looks smaller. Will it stay that way??

Change your nose?

A facelift and brow lift should not make your nose physically smaller. Nonethelss, changes that cocur due to fat grafting and repositioning of tissues may make it look smaller. As long as the overall effect is pleasing, it is nothing to worry about.
Best of luck

Will a facelift change the look of the nose?

While your facelift won't change the size or shape of your nose, it may look different due to the fact that the tissue and muscle around it have changed especially if you are still healing. It can take anywhere from 3-6 months for all of the swelling to subside so for now, be patient. You're going to look fantastic.

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Facelift and the Nose

Getting a facelift will not have any effect on the size of your nose. Your nose shape may seem different, but this is only due to a change in your face, not your nose. To change the size of your nose will need a rhinoplasty procedure. I sometimes complete these two procedures together and you can have a facelift and rhinoplasty performed at the same time if you wish. 

Facelift Does not Change the Size of your Nose

A facelift or browlift will not change the size of your nose. The swelling from the surgery can alter your facial proportions which in turn can give the illusion of a smaller nose. Rest assured, this will likely resolve as your swelling goes away. 

Jacob D. Steiger, MD
Boca Raton Facial Plastic Surgeon

A face lift does not change your nose

Thank you for your question. A face lift will not change the physical structures of your nose. It may appear smaller since other structures were re-positioned, but the nose itself should not be smaller.

Facelift, smaller nose

The facelift should have no effect on the nose itself.  The anatomy of the nose will stay the same as before the surgery.  However the relative proportions of your face may be enhanced; including fuller cheeks, smoother more define jawline, more open eyes can lead to this perception.  Best of luck in your continued healing

It's important to know how long ago you had this surgery.  It often takes about 3 months to see the "final" result with facelift procedures. Swelling from your surgery certainly can change the appearance of your mid face which could make your nose temporarily look different.  Long term there should be no effect on the shape or size of your nose.

Facelift affecting your nose shape?

Thanks for sharing.  I agree with the overall sentiment that the nose will not get smaller from a face and or browlift but may look relatively smaller or narrower with the surrounding swelling and lifting of the tissues.  I am not sure if this is a plus or minus for you but in the end your nose should be the same size. 

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Nose after facelift

Sometimes the bitemporal width of the face can widen somewhat after a facelift as volume is added to the cheeks.  This can have the illusion of making the nose look smaller.  Photos would help.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Facelift and nose size

Depending how far removed you are from surgery, if you still have some facial swelling, your nose may appear smaller because your face is relatively larger in proportion to your nose. Otherwise, the surgery should have no impact on your nose. Good luck!

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon