Treatment for hypertrophic acne scars on chest and shoulders? (Phtoo)

As you can see these scars are quite old. I've gone to a few dermatologists that have given me very different answers and I just don't know what to believe anymore. Most of them are flat and pink/brown, while a few on my chest are hard red and bumpy. Are these keloids or hypertrophic scars? What would be the best course of treatment to reduce the red/pinkness?

Hypertrophic scars

These can be flattened with mild steroids, as well as fractional lasers, however you will need some HQ, as they will darken with treatments (lasers). This type of scarring is difficult to treat, as you will require many sessions, and pigmentation will fade- usually over 12-15 months. All the best, Dr Davin Lim . Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Hypertrophic and Keloid scars; ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS NJ

In my opinion, the gold standard for treating pink  raised  scars is  the pulsed Dye Laser. I would combine the laser with injections of cortisone as well as 5 fluorouracil.  Ablative and non-ablative Laser have also shown to be effective  with these type of scars. Recently micro-needling has gotten a lot of attention for treating raised scars.  A combination approach is usually preferred. Find an acne scar expert. Good luck

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Treating hypertrophic scars

I would treat with Excel V and Infini. Topicals would also be helpful such as Retin A and hydroquinone. I think these are hypertrophic and not keloid scars. Laser resurfacing such as Fraxel can also be done.

Steven F. Weiner, MD