How long after a breast augmentation can you drive?

We suggest ice continuously to the breasts and incisions for 48 hours. This goes a long way toward reducing discomfort after augmentation. No aerobic exercise for three weeks, but most people are driving at a week, and back to work for many occupations that are not aerobic. 

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Driving after breast augmentation

Thank you for your inquiry, usually patients are able to drive after 1-2 weeks after surgery however short distance drive only and carefully. 

Driving after breast augmentation

Driving following a Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Generally speaking, we advise our patients they may resume driving following Breast Augmentation surgery as soon as they are completely off of narcotic pain medications and can respond quickly in an emergency situation. However, please be certain to follow your own board-certified plastic surgeon's office's post-operative activity recommendations. 

Driving following a Breast Augmentation

Driving after breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your excellent question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size, profile, shape, texture, and type of implant (e.g., saline, silicone gel, “gummy bear”) is based on your desired versus existing breast size and shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality. Of course, you will need an in-person consultation to evaluate you for this procedure. Preoperative visualization and surgical simulation with the Crisalix system may help with your decision. In general, patients can drive as soon as they are not taking narcotics, and not having significant pain associated with the typical movements needed to drive a car. Any treatment plan should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.    Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation in person with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon. 

Good luck! Best,

Jon Ver Halen, MD FACS 

Harvard educated plastic surgeon

Driving after breast augmentation

Good luck! Best,

Jon Ver Halen, MD FACS 

Harvard educated plastic surgeon

Thank you for your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon. Every surgeon has their own specific post op protocol for their patients and your surgeon is the best resource when questions arise. My patients typically return to driving after one week. 

Driving after breast augmentation

Depending on how you are feeling during your recovery, you may be able to drive as soon as you are comfortable and no longer taking any prescription pain medications.  For some of my breast augmentation patients, this is as soon as a day or two after surgery, while others wait to drive until closer to 4-5 days postop.

Be sure to check with your own surgeon about his/her protocol regarding when it will be safe for you to drive again.

Hope this helps, and best of luck,

Dr. Lim

Driving after breast augmentation

Hope this helps, and best of luck,

Dr. Lim

Driving after a breast augmentation

Once you have stopped taken your pain medication and have been released from your surgeon, you are able to drive. This is typically 2 weeks post-op. Your surgeon will instruct you on positioning of arms, etc. Best of luck to you!

Driving after a breast augmentation

Car rides post BBA

Thank your for your inquiry. Typically you should avoid driving and/or any car rides (even as a passenger) for as long as possible (4 - 6 weeks) It is better to be safe than sorry. The seatbelt in a car will not be comfortable for a while. Narcotic pain medications should NEVER be taken while driving as well. 

Car rides post BBA

Hello dear!

Thanks for the question. Usually the time recommended it's 3 weeks after surgery to avoid any bleeding or trauma.

Hope this could help.

Good luck :)

Hello dear!

Hope this could help.

Good luck :)

Driving after BA

Thank you for your question.  My advice is to plan about a week of recovery before driving and that you must not be taking narcotic pain medication.  Best of luck.

Driving after BA