What is the recovery time for a tummy tuck and breast augmentation?

Can I get both procedures done at the same time? What is the excepted recovery time? When would I be able to go back to work? exercise? resume normal activities? How long before everything looks "normal"? If I exercise a lot and very hard and plan to return to that as soon as possible (within doctor guidelines), will developing more muscle change either surgery such as shifting the implant? Is there anything that should be done to minimize that risk?

Plan for a solid month

Unfortunately, getting both procedures done at the same time tends to multiply the recovery time. To some degree, its the ol' turtle stuck on its back unable to use either your chest or abdominal muscles. This takes a good bit of time to recover from. You will likely have drains for the first couple weeks which may make returning to work awkward and even then you may be limited in the amount of bending and twisting you can do. Exercise will be limited because most exert stress on one of the two traumatized areas. That being said, doing both procedures is done all the time and with appropriate preparation on your part, can go great. Good luck

Munster Plastic Surgeon

Recovery time for tummy Tuck in breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  First and foremost you must follow carefully the advice of the plastic surgeon who performed your surgery.

That said after the combination breast augmentation in tummy tuck I advise my patients to plan at least 2 weeks of recovery during which time they can rest and not have to engage in vigorous physical activity.  To resume heavy lifting and vigorous workouts after combined procedures I recommend 4-6 weeks.  To feel normal again and almost forget that you have been through surgery will take at least 2-3 months.  This all assumes a normal uncomplicated postop recovery.

Recovery Time for a Tummy Tuck and a Breast Augmentation

If a rapid recovery protocol along with a NO Drain tummy tuck is used, the recovery time for a mommy makeover or breast augmentation and abdominoplasty or tummy tuck should be no more than a day or two. You will not be healed and where the muscles are sutured together will definitely pull quite a bit for a few days or even a week or two but you will be recovered enough to get out and do things like walk, drive and go to a restaurant.

A rapid recovery protocol utilizes motion to reduce pain. No narcotics are used. Anti-inflammatories are used instead. This protocol works for both procedures especially if a no drain technique is used for the abdominoplasty.

I have included a webpage for reference for you as well as a video testimonial.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

The procedures can be performed at the same time.  You can probably return to nonstrenuous work in 2 weeks and exercise at 6 weeks.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of breast augmentations, tummy tucks and body contouring procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Recovery from tummy tuck

Thats a lot of questions and having a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon will help to answer them.  In general it takes 8-12 days to resume light activities and get back to a non physical job.  It will be up to 2 months to get back to all activities.  These procedures are commonly performed on the same day and are safe to do on the same day in typical healthy patients.  Ultimately you are going to be able to resume all activities.  I encourage all my patients who have submuscular implants to avoid lifting very heavy weights to avoid shifting the implants.

Recovery time

You can certainly do both procedures together in most cases.  The combination is sometimes called a "mommy makeover."  Every surgeon is different, but I generally say that for most non-strenuous jobs, women can go back to work in 1-2 weeks.  The muscles involved in this surgery, namely the pectorals muscles and/or the rectus abdomenis muscles generally need time to allow strengthening of the tissues and prevent any complications.  Therefore related activity is generally restricted to 3-12 weeks depending on the surgeon and the actual procedure performed.  Thus it is a good idea to ask these specific questions during your consultation.  Good luck with your surgery.

Tito Vasquez, MD, FACS
Southport Plastic Surgeon

Downtime After Tummy Tuck and Breast Aug

After a #tummytuck #surgery, #swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

I suggest waiting 6 weeks before returning to full activity without restrictions.

Ask your #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon what they recommend.

the recovery time for a tummy tuck and breast augmentation?

Hello! Thank you for your question! I hope that these answers help! Tummy tuck is an excellent method for shaping the belly and create a flatter and sculpted abdomen after the procedure. Given your desires, I do believe that you would be an excellent candidate for this procedure in order to remove the excess skin/soft tissue of your lower abdomen and contour the areas of your belly. Also, abdominal wall tightening may optimize your result. Stretch marks to the level of your umbilicus will also be excised. I would highly recommend continued diet and exercise prior to any consideration for body contouring as getting down to your ideal weight prior to the procedure will certainly give you the best results. Also, a continued healthy and active lifestyle will be needed in order to maintain the benefits that the procedure has given to you.

You should consult with a plastic surgeon at anytime to go over options to assist you in deciding which procedure(s) would be right for you. I typically recommend a 6 week period of no strenuous activity/vigorous exercise and no heavy lifting along with an abdominal binder for the same time period. It usually takes 6-12 weeks for full healing and swelling to subside before results final. Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation Recovery is Simultaneous

Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation Recovery happen simultaneously so the recovery is the same for a tummy tuck alone. My personal favorite way of doing a breast augmentation at the same time as a tummy tuck is through the tummy tuck incision therefore there are NO BREAST SCARS for the tummy tuck.
Frequently, additional enhancing surgeries such as breast augmentation or  liposuction to improve the waistline or other regions, pubis lift or other breast surgery can be performed at the same time as a tummy tuck without delaying your recovery period. That is what a "mommy makeover" is all about. 

Following the TT surgery, you will be walking in a bent-over position to keep tension off the newly tightened skin incision site. Although strenuous activity, and lifting more than ten pounds, must be avoided for 6 weeks, some people can return to work and daily activities as soon as 2 weeks after surgery. Softening of the surgical scars, return of sensation, and loosening of the tight sensation may take several months to a year or more.
Abdominoplasty involves a recovery period of 10 to 14 days longer than most plastic surgical procedures. Initial discomfort and decreased mobility is typical. 3-5 days or more of assistance at home is usually indicated. You will be encouraged to move and walk regularly starting the day of surgery. Wearing your TED stockings at all times, except while washing, to prevent venous clots (deep vein thrombosis) is mandatory. Light activity is comfortable in 10-20 days. No sports or heavy lifting for 6 weeks or more – please discuss with your doctor for specific questions.

Tummy tuck and breast augmentation recovery time

A minimum of 2 weeks but as long as 6 weeks.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

A tummy tuck can be done as a solitary procedure. Many times the results are enhanced by adding liposuction to the hip and love handle area. A tummy tuck is also done in combination with a breast augmentation in a mommy makeover.