Can Botox be used to lift inner eyebrow?

The inner part of my left eyebrow is lower than my right. Is it possible to get Botox to correct it?

Botox for facial asymmetry

Dear Luckeyladybug,

This is a really great and fun question.  Yes, the inner part of your left eyebrow can be brought higher with a small, well placed injection of Botox (or any neuromodulator of preference).  As mentioned by others, it is important to have your injections performed by a specialist who completely understands the facial anatomy.  I hope this helps you to find the best answer for you.

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, M.D., FACS

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox to lift inner eyebrow

It is important to seek out a board certified plastic surgeon/derm who has in depth knowledge of facial anatomy.  Botox can be used to lift the inner brow, but yields a 2mm-3mm lift.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox: lifting the eyebrow

Botox is a medication injected into target muscles to selectively weaken them for fewer and softer wrinkles. 

The eyebrows are pulled by the forehead muscles (frontalis) and the depressor muscles. Botox can be used to allow the frontalis to pull more on the eyebrow, resulting in a subtle lift. This is a few millimeters, not a major lift. It takes an understanding of the muscles anatomy to perform this technique. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correcting Medial Eyebrow Position with Botox

The eyebrow is held up by the frontalis muscle and pulled down medially by the corrugator, procerus and orbicularis muscles in the glabella area. By careful treatment of these latter muscles one can elevate one or both medial eyebrows as long as the frontalis is functional and has a static tension. This does, however, require an expert injector so do your homework before selecting someone to attempt this. (See ExpertInjector.org)

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Lifting a droopy brow with Botox

Botox can slightly lift the lateral brow, but skin tightening like Ultherapy may be needed to lift the middle brow. I recommend a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer.

Brow asymmetry may be improved with Botox

Thank you for your question. Yes, Botox can be used to lift the inner eyebrow. In fact lifting and shaping the eyebrow is often the primary effect that we are trying to achieve with Botox. Injecting the brow depressor muscles at the  glabella lift the inner 2/3rds of the brow and soften the frown lines. Asymmetries in brow shape and position are common. They may be improved or corrected with Botox injections but this can be tricky. Sometimes improvement in asymmetries at rest result in asymmetries with animation or movements of the face. Be sure to find a qualified and experienced injector with proper board certification and you should be pleased with your results. 

Good luck. 

Dr. Polo 

Max Polo, MD

Botox eyebrow lift

I am sorry that you are having issues about your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Injecting the orbicularis muscle may help with the elevation of the eyebrow. however, expert injection is a must. this technique is usual for elevation of the tail not the inner eyebrow. however the principle should apply. 

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Can Botox Be Used To Lift Inner Eyebrow?

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to comment without seeing a photogragh.  In general, the answer to your question is emphatically yes!  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved with Botox for this indication.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Inner eye brow lifting with Botox

Yes, this area can be treated. It requires injections in the procerus and the depressor supercilii muscles. Sometimes treating the corrugator muscles can spread to the frontalis muscle in the midline and cause further droop of the medial brows.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox Lift

Each person has unique needs with respect to eyebrow shape and balancing their musculature.

The forehead muscles lift the eyes although many patients will point to
their forehead when asking for "lifting botox". Treating this muscle can
only lower the eyes and if heavy lids already exist it will be problematic.

The lifting effect comes from maintaining forehead movement while stopping depressor muscle movement. Thus we achieve a lift. The depressor muscles of the frown and the eye are  the most common ones injected but the forehead may need to be addressed to create symmetry.

It is also important to note that the same "pattern" will change over time as one ages and as muscles get smaller and less active with treatments. Maintaining  appointments with your doctor and working with him or her  will help you to obtain your goals.

We keep a detailed record of the pattern of injections and often each visit will vary slightly for that "perfect look".

Anil Rajani, MD
Portland Physician