Lowering one eyebrow with Botox?

My right eyebrow is more arched then my left eyebrow & I honestly prefer the lower eyebrow more, as I think it's a softer look. My doctor said it would only take 2 units of Botox to lower the arched right brow to match it with the left. My question is if there's a greater risk with eyelid droop when lowering a brow? Even with a tiny amount like 2 units? My Doc. Is a very skilled injector, but I'm curious about opinions from Other Docs. As well. Thank You

Correcting Brow Asymmetry using Botox

Mild brow asymmetries can often be corrected using small doses of neurotoxins such as Botox. This is especially useful for lowering the brow by weakening the frontalis elevator muscle with the product. Eyelid droop is rarely an issue if the injections are placed well away from the orbit. It sounds like your Doc's suggestion is very sound and reasonable.

Covington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correcting Brow Asymmetry with Botox

Yes, you can lower the brows with Botox. There is always a risk of brow droop. Botox is temporary and lasts 3-4 months. Remember to see an expert injector.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox Can Be Used to Correct Brow Asymmetries

Thank you for your question. Yes, a small amount of Botox into the frontalis muscle, which lifts your eyebrows, can be used to slightly lower a brow. There is a very small risk of eyelid drooping (aka ptosis) when Botox is injected to lower a brow. However, a more likely cosmetic effect you may notice when your brow is lowered is the appearance of more significant upper eyelid skin. Try this at home - look at your upper eyelids in the mirror while raising and lowering your brow. The higher your brow, the less skin there is resting on your eyelid. The lower your brow, the more skin there is. But again, actual eyelid ptosis is unlikely.

Good luck with your Botox injection! 

Henry Lee, MD
Warren Oculoplastic Surgeon

Can Botox treatment facial asymmetries?

This is a great question that reveals the subtle, yet very effective potential in using Botox to treat facial asymmetries. With an experienced provider there is no greater risk of eyelid  droop when lowering the brow.  These are 2 separate elements and are innervated by separate muscles (frontalis versus levator). It sounds like you have an excellent provider and a reasonable circumstance to have Botox.

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, M.D., FACS

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrows

Botox or Xeomin are excellent for achieving the results you are looking for. There are risks, but in the hands of a good injector you can expect good results

Using botox to fix assymetry

Botox is a great tool to correct mild asymmetry in the face.  It sounds what your doctor is recommending is good.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Correcting Brow Asymmetry with Botox

Brow asymmetry can be corrected with Botox. You are right, however, to worry about droop as this can be a problem. It sounds like your injector is fairly expert and starting with a small amount to see what effect it has. You may need more, but starting slow reduces the likelihood of causing the higher side to droop more than the lower side. 

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Botox

Botox can be used to lower a brow and only a small dose (2 units is appropriate) is placed on the forehead above the brow. Placement is well above the orbital rim, so the risks of eyelid ptosis is extremely small.

I think you should be very comfortable with your doctor's plan-

Mark Hamilton, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox

Thank you for your question. I agree entirely with your doctor that a small amount of botox to correct (lower!) the higher brow is the best option. There is a difference between eyebrow droop and eyelid droop. A true droop in an eyelid is very uncommon and happens if botox injected close to the mid part of the upper orbit. You should not worry.

Firas Al-Niaimi, MSc
London Dermatologist

Eyebrow lowering with botox

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Your doctor is right. low amounts precisely injected will provide the look that you are looking. If injected in the right muscle, the droopy eyelid should not be an issue in your case.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey