Possible jaw and chin implants without looking overdone or fake?

I have always been self conscious of my chin and jaw. I feel like my chin is to pointy and round, while my jaw is flat and unnoticeable, I was just wondering what you're thoughts and possible procedures would be. Thanks for you're time.

Chin and jaw implants

A full  set of facial photographs are required to make a determination about the surgical procedure. Chin implants are performed much more than jaw implants. Chin implants are performed when patient's have a weak and recessive chin profile, or need additional width added to the chin. For more information and many examples including diagrams of the implants, please see the link and the video below 

Chin and jaw

Hi there,
Thanks for the question. Chin and jaw imbalance can certainly throw off the facial appearance. When properly performed, patients can get a safe and non-operated appearance that helps improve facial harmony and balance. If you want to send some photos, we would be able to give you a better idea about what would be needed. Even better would be an in office consultation to perform a full evaluation.

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, the key to the results not "looking fake" is the selection of the proper size and shaped chin implant.
I prefer dermal fillers for jaw enhancement as jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects.

Hope this helps.

Candidate for chin implant

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision:
Candidates for Chin Augmentation -
Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation.