What measures can be taken to reduce swelling on forehead after FUE.

Reducing Swelling

I suggest to my patients to sleep at a 90 degree angle to avoid swelling and if there is swelling to ice the swollen area.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

To reduce the chance of swelling it is advised that you sleep with your head elevated. Doctor may also give you

To reduce the chance of swelling it is advised that you sleep with your head elevated.  Doctor may also give you a steroid shot or pill(s).  

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Swelling after a hair transplant

Swelling is a nuisance but common side effect after a procedure.  If you didn't receive a prescription to combat any swelling then you can prop a couple pillows up behind you while you sleep.  You can also ice the bridge of your nose.  The swelling dissipates quickly. 

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon

Swelling after FUE on forehead

The answer to reduce swelling is to receive a dose of corticosteroids at the time of the surgery, something I routinely do to prevent or minimize swelling

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post procedure swelling

Make sure to sit and sleep upright after your procedure until swelling fully resolved.  Swelling from the procedure is more tumescent than trauma and will resolve with mobilization.  

So, sleep upright until swelling gone and walk around during the day without too much exertion.

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Reducing forehead swelling

sleeping with your head elevated for the first 3 days helps, as does icing the forehead (not grafted area) and massage helps as well. I like to prescribe a short dose of prednisone as well. Some people are just prone to have swelling. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Reducing swelling after FUE

I find that making sure to keep your head elevated and above the level of your heart for the first few days while you sleep makes a big difference.  Other than that, varying docs have different post op regimens.  I will sometimes prescribe medrol dose pak's, or make sure my patients are on the appropriate supplements.  Its not a bad idea to give your doc's office a call and see what they recommend. Best of luck! 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon