Is it safe to wear cap after one week after FUE?

Caps after FUE

Absolutely.  particularly if you are going to be out in the sun as your scalp will be sensitive.  A couple things I tell all my patients - 1) make sure it's loose until all of the crusting is off the recipient sites 2) make sure you wash your cap before wearing it for the first time (or maybe buy a new one) and 3) make sure when you remove the cap to be very careful about injuring the follicles.  It may not be a bad idea to swing by your doc's office and have them teach you how to wear one.  We do it all the time at our office! Best of luck! 

Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

It is safe to wear a loose fitting cap after your procedure.  Be sure it doesn't touch the grafts and particularly gentle when removing it.  However, at one week post op, there shouldn't be any concerns in wearing a cap.

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon

Is it safe to wear a cap one week after a hair transplant?

sagarkk,

It is quite safe to use a cap one week after a hair transplant. It is a very good idea to wear especially if you are going to be exposed to prolonged Sun for 3-4 months after your procedure.

Sincerely, 

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Wearing a cap

It is safe to wear a cap a week after your transplant. I recommend wearing a loose cap until all the snaps are off.

When can I start to wear a cap

In my practice after hair transplant surgery I give my patients a special hat to cover their head when they are outdoors. It is a light and comfortable head without making pressure on the recipient area.

I also advice them that they can use any hat two weeks after their hair transplant surgery.On the other hand I mention not having helmet or similar heavy hats for one month time post operative

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.  In general wearing hat should be no issue.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Wearing a hat 1 week after FUE

At one week, you can wear a cap or hat, in fact I give my patients a hat when they leave my office on the day of surgery

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

1 week post op

at one week you are safe to wear a cap. just make sure that the cap is clean as you are still healing from the surgery, but the grafts are safe.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

NeoGraft

Thank you for your question. You need to be gentle when interacting with the scalp in any way for the first two weeks. This includes protecting the grafts from wind and sun, taking care to not use force when showing, and being careful not to disrupt them in any way with hands or objects (including hats) while they are still in the healing process. I suggest that you discuss your recovery instructions and expectations with your board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wear cap after one week after FUE

I generally send my patients after hair transplant with a clean sport cap like hat that is hard topped  (such as a diameter adjustable baseball cap ) .So using cap after 1 week is OK 

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon