Should I use contimycin (Doxycycline) tablet to treat acne?

Hello dr. Im 19 years old, I have minor acne problem since 1 and half year. I've used different medicines recommended by different dr.s but my acne is getting more worse. Recently I've been recommended by a dr. to take contimycin ( Doxycycline) tablet for acne. Is this helpful to treat acne? Should I use it. .??

Thanks for your query. No matter how common the acne sounds, it can be tricky to treat. Every acne patient should be investigated for underlying cause and a proper treatment plan should be made accordingly. Just oral medications or topical medications don’t help much but they are really good when taken in combination. Oral medications along with topical medication and chemical peels can help you get rid of acne. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Doxycycline to Treat Acne

Doxycycline is a very good oral antibiotic to treat acne and prevent scars.  The main side effect is GI so the medicine ought best to be taken with food and avoid sun as well.  Please consult an expert for the best acne treatment.  Any scars can be treated with lasers such as V-Beam, and eMatrix. Best, Dr. Green