I love the 425 cc but was told they look smaller when under the muscle so I am thinking of going for 450 cc.

I am going w cohesive gel through the armpit I am 5'5 133 lbs current size 36 A/B I guess in my head it seems huge and looks huge seeing as I am pretty small chested. I am curvy so I want my boobs to match my hips and butt ! Help! Suggestions and advise

Implants look smaller when under the muscle?

Thank you for the question. No, in my opinion, it is not possible to accurately determine how many ccs (if any) a patient would “lose” when undergoing sub muscular breast augmentation surgery. I suggest patients do not make decisions based on statement such as: “you will lose 25 or 50 cc of volume when breast implants are placed under the muscle”. These statements are simply not reliable enough to utilize clinically. 

In regards to breast implant volume: much will depend on your specific anatomic features; for example, a 25 cc difference may be noticeable on a very petite patient but not on a patient with a larger frame. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.  

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, best not to discuss your goals and/or judge the outcome of the procedure performed based on achieving a specific cup size. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during the communication process. The use of in bra sizers may also be helpful. In other words, use as many “visual aids” as possible during the communication process.  

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. I generally select appropriate breast implant size/profile after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers and viewing the patient's chest in the upright and supine positions. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

425 vs 450

In truth I'd say that you shouldn't worry too much about the 25 cc difference in size.  25 cc is less than an ounce.  The difference between the 425 and 450 cc would most likely not be noticeable to you.  I'd encourage you to go slightly larger if you're thinking about it.  Discuss it with your surgeon and best wishes!

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

425 to 450 cc implant

Thank you for your question.  Most women wish they went slightly bigger after a breast augmentation surgery,  however, going from 425 to 450 cc is not a significant change, it's actually a little less than an ounce.  If you decide on 450cc , I wouldn't worry about being too concerned with the size change.

Chad Robbins, MD

What size implants

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, without some basic measurements of your chest wall as well as be able to see how much breast tissue you have and how pliable the skin is, it's impossible to make recommendations as to size. In our office, we use the 3-D Vectra imaging platform which allows our patients to see pretty much exactly what each implant, type, size, and shape will look like on their body. Having said that, you will not see the difference between 425 and 450 mL as it is about a tablespoon of volume. Good luck with your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question.  "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Implant selection

Without an exam, it is impossible to tell you what implant would be right for you. Best to be seen in person to make an appropriate assessment.

425 vs 450cc

I would not be too concerned that 425 to 450cc as this is just under and ounce difference. I try to council my patients to go as small as they can and still be happy. You will have these implants for a very ling time- not just this year but for many to come. You are best served to come out of surgery thrilled with results. The worse thing after surgery is to feel you are now too large. Best of Luck.

M. Bradley Calobrace, MD, FACS

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you  is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Focus on the look not the cc or cup size. Patient's often regret decisions based on extraneous factors as you may end up with suboptimal result. Bra's vary from store to store, and cc's mean nothing in isolation. You should be measured during your consult and offered implants within a 5mm window of those measurements in multiple styles. Every surgeon has there own approach to sizing and you mention different CCs from two consults and state they're HP but Inspira is not called HP but rather moderate, full and extra full. They could be similar dimensions if different profiles or brands, or are different dimensions if the same profile. If they're truly a classic natrelle high profile (330 is not a US Allergan size in any profile however) 339cc is a Mod plus, 325 or 350HP, 335,345 are Inspiria SRF sizes etc. they are quite narrow. I focus on dimensions not CCs. Inplants that are too narrow particularly ones with a good amount of projection like a high profile can look more fake than a fuller wider device. 

For what's its worth, in my experience a dimensionally sound mod+ profile tends to go from an A+/B- to the magical full C or small D. A high profile (or SRF) would be about 100ccs larger to maintain the same base width and more like a Full D but VS will call it a DD or DDD, particularly in a 32-34. Ultimately, try on the different styles and look in the mirror. When you see the look you like, pick that style! This requires a consult, exam, measurements and sizing with a board certified plastic surgeon. My patients select the implant style and their chest dimensions dictate the number of cc's. I make specific recommendations to each and every of the augmentation patients I see annually based on: 1) dimensional planning 2) expressed goals 3) amount and quality of tissue to hide the implant. I have included a link with my explanation of the different implants and what to expect from your consult as well as hundreds of before and after photos to see what change implants of a particular size deliver. Best of luck. #drfeldman #BancroftFeldman #breastaugmentation #sugarland #HoustonTX