Will tip drop? 2 weeks post rhinoplasty. (photo)

I'm 2 weeks post rhinoplasty, my tip is sitting up allot- like by a decent amount. The tip used to be allot lower and not piggy. I was told this is normal? Will it drop back down if it wasn't touched? I only had the bridge narrowed and it appears it's been shortened & upturned. Will it drop back down to what it was like before? Im ethnic and didn't want to lose that. Can I get it made longer again asap? My top lip looks long now and is numb too.

Tip

Yes, upward tip rotation does relax a bit within a few months after surgery.  At this point it is best to allow the swelling to resolve and wait for your final results. 

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with 2 weeks after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tip drops after rhinoplasty

The tip often drops after a rhinoplasty. initially there is swelling and tape that make it look upturned. Over the next few weeks you will see tip usually drop. Of course there are exceptions to every case but in general it does drop. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

At this point in time some of the issues are related to swelling, and with time the tip may come down a bit. Best of luck.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photograph.

It is important to consult with your surgeon about any questions or concerns you may have so they can give you a physical examination. You are extremely early in your recovery period and your nose will begin healing and changing, this will continue over the course of a year to year and a half. At this point, it is hard to determine whether the appearance is due to swelling or not. Swelling can cause the appearance of unevenness, enlargement or a turned up nasal tip. It takes 6 months for 90% of the swelling to resolve after a rhinoplasty. During this waiting period, several treatment options can reduce the swelling. First, post-operative taping is imperative to decrease swelling and mold the shape of the nose. This can be performed for a minimum of 2 weeks with recommendations commonly for 3 months. Second, a short course of oral steroids (Medrol dose pack) can be beneficial in the early stages to decrease swelling and pain. Third, I commonly use a dilute solution of Kenalog with Marcaine to decrease swelling of the nasal tip. If after 12-18 months, you are still unhappy with your results, I would contact your surgeon or a board certified plastic surgeon for a revision.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon