Undergoing General Anaesthesia with high cholesterol?

I will be undergoing rhinoplasty soon and am unsure whether I want to be out under General Anaesthesia or Twilight Sedation. I don't want to wake up or be conscious during the surgery so GA may be the better option however I am concerned about the risks that come with GA. I have high cholesterol and my chest/heart area often feels tight so I'm worried about the risks of GA. Does having high cholesterol increase the risks of GA?

General anesthesia concern

Hi, I recommend seeing your family doctor to get medical clearance for the surgery. If there are any health issues, these should be worked up prior to surgery so that all those involved feel comfortable that you in the best shape possible prior to surgery. 

Dr. Blagg

General anesthesia concern

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dr. Blagg

Surgery and high cholesterol

I think that you should probably see your medical doctor to get medical clearance for your procedure. You may require a work-up for any issues that you have at this point. Good luck.

Surgery and high cholesterol

Undergoing general anesthesia for rhinoplasty with high cholesterol

Before undergoing any cosmetic surgery, it's best to be cleared by your primary care physician for chest pain and high cholesterol. After that has been completed, then consider the rhinoplasty procedure. In our practice, we perform all rhinoplasty procedures under general anesthesia by a board-certified physician anesthesiologist for patient safety and comfort.  Most patients will have some degree of conscious awareness under twilight sedation.