Had a lipoma removed from my forehead. Started hot and cold treatment to reduce swelling. How well does this help?

Had a lipoma remover surgery on my forehead. After few days of swelling on my face as the blood seems to be go down south, my face is back to normal. But the site of the surgery where the lipoma was removed from is hard and swollen. my doctor said i should give it two weeks to resolve on it own. But a clotted hematoma on my forehead is disturbing. I've started hot and cold treatment as i read online to reduce swelling and heal faster. How well does it help.

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your hematoma issues after lipoma removal.  Though distressing, if the hematoma is small, your body will gradually break down the blood and absorb it in the first 2 weeks after surgery.  As it has been several days since surgery, I would stick with warm compresses, arnica Montana and bromelain supplements to help your healing.  Hope this helps.

SwellX for swelling after lipoma removal

I would use a combination of Plato's Bruise Balm and SwellX tablets to resolve the hematoma and bruising. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS