Can I remove more than one lipoma?

#Lipoma - Can I remove more than one?

In general, yes - I have done as many as 40 at one time.  Each situation is different, and you would have to discuss this in person with your own plastic surgeon.  But assuming they are "regular" lipomas, several can be removed at the same time.  I hope that this helps and good luck.  Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500

Multiple lipomas

Multiple lipomas may be removed separately or at one sitting. People that have multiple lipomas may have a syndrome that runs in families that results in numerous lipomas developing all over the body. Lipomas need not be removed if they do not bother you. In those patients with multiple, I recommend removing those that bother you (discomfort or cosmetically) or are enlarging, rather than removing them all because most likely more will develop due to the underlying syndrome which we do not fully understand. Removing lipomas does not stimulate the growth of more, but may not eliminate the problem, Surgery will only eliminate the lipomas being removed, not the development of more. Good luck and take care.

Multiple lipoma removal on the body

As long as the procedure is safe, multiple lipomas can be removed in one session. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Can more than one lipoma be removed?

In most cases, if there is more than one lipoma present, these could be removed at the same appointment.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Multiple lipomas.

Hi. Thank you for your question: It`s definitely possible to remove more than one lipoma in one session. It all depends on the quantity of local anesthesia which have to be used and on the size of each lipoma. The quantity of anesthesia depends on the weight of the patient and on the type of anesthetic used.

Can I remove more than one lipoma?

Thank you for sharing your question.  If you have more than one lipoma they can be removed with little additional issue.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation. Hope this helps.