I have lipomas all over my body, over fifty of them. Any solution to this?

Multiple lipomas

There are some people who develop multiple lipomas. The largest number I have removed at one time was 531! Most lipomas do not have to be removed. In those patients who have multiple, I recommend they remove the ones that bother them the most since new ones will always arise. Surgery is generally the best treatment since the masses can be removed through tiny incisions and when removed completely, will not recur. However surgery does require scars. There is a new FDA approved drug that can be injected into the lipoma to dissolve the fat but unfortunately it is very pricey and probably not practical for multiple lipomas. Good luck and take care.

Lipoma removal all over the body

Surgery is an excellent solution for your problem. I would stage removal of multiple lipomas in a few sessions. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

I have lipomas all over my body. Over 50. Any solution to this?

Thank you for sharing your question.  If indeed lipomas there is no need to pursue treatment unless they are growing or causing pain.  In this instance a small incision over the top of the lipoma can be performed and the fatty tumor removed.  This normally results in little pain or discomfort.