What is the least hydrophilic hyaluronic acid for superficial injections?

i noticed that whn i use juvederm, i am often over corrected (is it possible that it atteacts more water as it settles). I want to have superficial injectios for skin irregularities. What is the best filler? Some suggested volbella, some restylane. belotero just does not last..

Filler for superficial injections

I prefer Belotero for superficial injections because in my hands it does not cause a lot of swelling and it is less prone to the Tyndall effect (blue discoloration) when injected superficially.  Other options would include Restylane Silk and Volbella.  In general, when fillers are injected superficially for lines and wrinkles, they don't last as long compared to injections for volume replacement placed deeply.  There are more shearing forces that act on the filler when it is injected at a superficial level.  

Regards,

Dr. Ort

Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Hello, and thanks for your question. I'm sorry you did not get the result you had hoped for. I recommend trying Volbella or Restylane Silk. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Superficial wrinkle treatment

Hi and thanks for your question. Superficial wrinkle treatment with fillers can be a little challenging as they do not last very long and there is risk of over correction or making lumps.

I prefer Juvederm Volbella or Emervel classic for superficial wrinkle treatment. 

Reza Akef, MD
Toronto Physician