Is it possible for my face to get clear again or are these acne scars permanent? (photos)

I had pretty bad acne a few years ago, right now I just get the occasional pimple that goes away after a few days. However, there is still hyperpegmentation, as you can see the red spots on my face. My skin texture is also pretty bad. I know that some acne scarring is permanent, is my condition one of those? If I eat a specialized diet, would I be able to achieve smooth, clear skin? If treatment is necessary? Is surgery necessary? Thank you

Treatment of acne scarring

thank you for your question.  From the photographs you posed, it appears that there are a a few different issues to address.  Color related issues should improve with laser treatment.  The textural change can be more challenging to treat.  It is possible that subcision, laser resurfacing, microneedling., or a combination of these treatments may be required to produce best options.  I would strongly recommend seeing someone who is highly experienced in the treatment of acne scarring and make a treatment plan in conjunction with that individual.

Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

A combination approach is needed to get the best outcome. I suggest you see an expert who can get you on a short and long term plan including lasers, fillers, subcision, and skin care. Best, Dr. Emer