Thermismooth Radiofrequency Treatment - can anyone recommend it for refining and tightening?

Can any one recommend this treatment? How long does it last and how effective is this treatment for refining and tightening? About how much does it cost?

Skin tightening with Thermi devices

We have a couple of different Thermi devices and have used them effectively on many patients. A treatment course of around 5-6 treatments provides a nice modest tightening to areas of skin laxity. The effects are long lasting and patient satisfaction is generally very high with this device. Cost varies on the area or areas that need treatment.

Skin tightening with Thermi devices

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

ThermiSmooth vs Thermage vs. Pelleve vs. Ultherapy vs. Exelis etc. for facial tightening

Every patient is different!  That is why non surgical tightening procedures are not magical and deserve a physician consultation to determine what is the best treatment, even if that physician does not perform that treatment!
Some patients refuse to have surgery and want to reverse the effects of aging.  We have to have realistic expectations.  Non-invasive energy sources, whether radiofrequency, such as: ThermiRF, Pelleve, Thermage and Exelis, lasers such as Fraxel Repair, plasma such as the former Rhytec Portrait which is now an Energist device, can help tighten facial and non facial tissues but not to the extent of surgery. I tell those patients that see me in consultation, who can benefit with a greater result from surgery than the non-invasive energy sources.  Many of those patients don't want surgery knowing that the result will remove more fat or more sagging skin. They are more than happy to have some result of facial rejuvenation, knowing that unlike with surgery, there is no way to know how much skin will be lifted, as this is a result of their individualistic body response.
ThermiRF has produced a treatment called ThermiSmooth. This is a series of non-invasive, non painful, treatments, often done 10 to 14 days or more part, for 5 or 6 treatments.  This is compared to having one ThermiTight procedure but this is more of a minimally invasive procedure involving more post operative swelling and possibly bruising.  Local anesthetic has to be injected prior to ThermiTight, not ThermiSmooth.
I have found significant reversal of photoaging with lifting from ThermiSmooth on my patients.  Some have dramatic improvement but none obtain this immediately after the procedure.  It always takes a minimum of six months to more than a year after the procedure to obtain the maximal improvement.
ThemiTight has a high patient satisfaction rating.  I have found though, that all procedures that produce results over time, in contrast to plastic surgery, require the patient to view their before photos to see the difference as none of us can remember exactly how we looked and when changes for the better occur slowly day after day, it's difficult for anyone to judge how they're doing.  Comparing the final post operative photograph to the before often shows a dramatic improvement.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

ThermiSmooth for Tightening

ThermiSmooth is a great non-invasive treatment to correct lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin. Using radiofrequency energy, this treatment gently heats the skin and tissues, promoting the production of collagen. ThermiSmooth is effective for smoothing and tightening the skin, with results gradually developing over the next 3-6 months. As for pricing, this will differ depending on the practice and location.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

ThermiSmooth for Tightening

Jonathan Berman, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

MD

I find thermiSmooth body to be very relaxing (YES, it is actually comfortable) for patients and it can give nice early improvements and then building, long lasting results for rejuvenation, tightening for face, eyes and neck in addition to fat/body contouring and getting an overall smoother appearance of skin.  There are diverse options and applications.  Generally, there is NO downtime.  This is a great option for patients not wanting to have to recover or endure a procedure.  Cost is of course variable by location and size of area treated but $2500-$4000 is a ballpark for a full series.

Stacey Whitehead, MD
Council Bluffs General Surgeon

MD

Stacey Whitehead, MD
Council Bluffs General Surgeon

Good for tightening

Thermismooth and thermismooth body is effective for tightening for the face and body area. Thermismooth body with the thermi 250 also gradually shrinks fat in the jowls abdomen and thighs. After a series of four to six sessions the results will be noticeable in three months. The results continue to improve up to 9 months. There is no downtime and properly monitored is a good option. 

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Good for tightening

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

ThermiSmooth treatment great for skin tightening

ThermiSmooth is a radiofrequency treatment that is used to treat lax skin on the face, namely the eyelid, perioral, and cheek region. It requires a set of 3 treatments spaced 3 weeks apart to get maximal results. The results will gradually become apparent and will be most noticeable around 4 months. Cost varies per region but can range from 300-500 dollars per treatment session and region of face. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

The Benefits of ThermiSmooth

Our clients have been thrilled with the results of the ThermiSmooth treatment. It is an excellent non-invasive way to treat fine lines and wrinkles, especially around the eyes and mouth. Often, there is immediate improvement notice by our clients who have the eye treatment. For best results a series of 3-5 treatments is recommended, spread 2-4 weeks apart. The cost will vary based on the area treated and your geographical location.

The Benefits of ThermiSmooth

Ultherapy

I would recommend a more targeted and effective skin tightening procedure such as Ultherapy.  We offer this as well as other radiofrequency skin tightening at our tysons corner office, however I believe, Ultherapy would be best in your situation.  You can call us at 703-740-8333 or email at mbody@drsundin.com to schedule a free consult.

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Skin tightening

ThermiRF has been one of my favorite in between treatments since I have introduced it into my practice. Skin tightening and refinement can b3 done for those who meet criteria.  For those with minimal to moderate per irina wrinkle the Thermistor the may be the tool of choice.  For those who desire mild to moderate skin tightening of jowl, neck, arms, abdomen, and legs, Thermalright may be a consideration.  Personal consultan with board certified surgeons is a must to review all rejuvenation  tools.

Skin tightening

ThermiSmooth

ThermiSmooth is a non-invasive procedure which uses radiofrequency for improving skin laxity. It stimulates Collagen production by using temperature controlled radiofrequency energy. We have found it very effective for treating the problem areas around the eyes and mouth.

ThermiSmooth