350 cc or 375 cc saline implants? (photos)

I am 5'4 122lbs and I am a 34 small B. I went to a consult and my doctor said I should do 325 cc or 350 cc. My appt is next week I'm not sure which I should get or what the difference is with getting 325 cc and filling it to 350? Or getting 350 and filling it to 375? Or getting 375 and filling it to that or a little more ?! I understand filling them makes them firmer but can someone explain the difference between getting 350 and filling it to 375 and getting 375 and filling it to 375?!!!! Thanks!!

350 cc or 375 cc saline implants

There are indeed many different types of implants. Deciding alone can be a daunting task. It is essential to go over your wishes and concerns with an experienced plastic surgeon so that they can use their expertise to help determine which one is right for you. In terms of 350cc vs. 375cc volume, the difference is minimal and about the size of a shot glass. To the naked eye, there will be little visible difference between the two. The difference between the “size” of the actual implant has more to do with the base width and which would fit your body type better. At your consultation, your surgeon can take measurements of the width of your breast to help determine your size. Good luck!

350 cc or 375 cc saline breast implants?

My goodness. You have a beautiful shape. Why are you not considering cohesive gel silicone breast implants? They are more natural feeling and do not have the risk of deflation or rippling which plagues saline implants.

Slow down. This is a lifetime decision. Seek a second opinion and consider cohesive gel silicone implants. there is little difference between 350 and 375 cc.

Size should be determined by the base width measurement of your breast base width. If your surgeon did not measure you seek a second opinion.

Implant size

It is best to be seen in person to be properly evaluated so that an implant can be chosen for you. The exam is essential.

Breast Implants

The difference between the two sizes is very minimal.  It will even be difficult to tell visually.  I would recommend the larger implants, so most patients always have some degree of remorse for not going with a larger size.

Be sure to discuss your decision with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills Trained Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Too many breast implant choices?

Dear Mommy,
There are indeed many choices today when considering breast implants.  The best guidance will come from your American Board of Plastic Surgery board certified plastic surgeon.  He/she has already examined you and most likely taken measurements and can best provide the answers to your questions based on that knowledge.  Good luck!

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation/ Cohesive Gel Implants / Silicone Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

350 cc or 375 cc saline implants?

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.
Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "top heavy" or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.