Will they look symmetrical after breast implants alone?

Im 5'5 , 105lbs. Currently im a Deflated B from being pregnant and breast feeding. One side has drooped more then the other. Im going to get 350cc round Ultra High Profile subfacial implants.(Hoping for a DD) Is there any chance they will look almost the same. Or atleast both the nipples pointing the same direction? Will i get a good outcome with implants alone?

Will my breasts look symmetrical after breast implants alone?

Unfortunately breast implants can make normal breast asymmetries more noticeable.  If you want to achieve the best symmetry possible then consider a lift of the lower breast in addition to breast implants.  For more information please read below:

Your asymmetry is mild, and let me assure you that most women have some asymmetry. Implants are going to increase your volume and re-inflate your breast tissue, but even if you choose two different sizes, there will still be some differences. A minor lift will help to minimize any differences in volume and nipple position. Good luck!

Will Breasts Look Symmetric After Implants Alone?

If your breasts are asymmetric prior to augmentation then they will have have some asymmetries after. Implants alone cannot correct all asymmetries, and no one has perfectly symmetric breasts. In your situation the nipple position is obviously lower on one side, and it appears that your breast on that side also sits lower on your chest wall. These are not things that can be corrected by implants. 

You also appear to have a wide space between your breasts with thin tissues particularly in the upper portion of your breast. For those reasons I would definitely question the choice of Ultra High Profile implants. This implant profile tends to exaggerate the wide space between your breast. Also placing this type of implant on top of the muscle will lead to further thinning of your tissues, carries a higher risk of capsular contracture, and is likely to look like a round ball sitting on your chest.

In a situation such as yours, a tear drop shaped implant under the muscle would be a better choice to give you a more natural looking breast shape. 

Asymmetrical breasts

You will need two different implants with different size and a nipple lift / uplift to the left breast to be able to improve the symmetry although it is impossible to guarantee that both breasts will look the same but an improvement can be achieved by using different sizes and also by having a left nipple lift

Riccardo Frati, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your questions and photograph.  Implants alone are used to increase the overall size/volume of a woman's breasts but can not be used to appreciably change their shape or nipple position.  Though breast size differences can be improved upon by using different size implants in your right and left breasts, a breast lift would be needed to adjust the other differences mentioned in your narrative. Hope this helps.

NO

In fact sometimes implants magnify the asymmetry. Not a fan of subfascial implants so I really hope you have done your homework and have visited with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good Luck and update us please!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical breasts

Hello, if your breasts are a different size and have asymmetrical nipples, implants alone may not correct these issues.  It is important to discuss your expectations with your surgeon so they can help you weigh the pros and cons of implants alone, versus implants plus a breast lift.  I find that the majority of my patients with modest asymmetry would prefer to have implants alone rather than accept the scars associated with a breast lift, but each person is unique.

Breast Implants Candidate

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for breast implants. 

Any women desiring breast augmentation surgery in Newport Beach is a candidate as long as there are no health problems present which would preclude her from having surgery. If the desired goal is to enhance or restore size and shape or to improve asymmetry, breast augmentation is a viable option. Breast augmentation can improve a body image, self-esteem, self-concept, and quality of life.
Ideal Candidates for Breast Augmentation in Newport Beach
  • Desire larger, shapelier breasts.
  • Moderate degree of breast sag and smaller breasts, whose problem can be solved by enlargement.
  • One breast that is noticeably smaller or is positioned differently than the other (asymmetry).
  • Uneven chest wall or rib cage.
  • Women requiring breast reconstruction following a mastectomy.
  • Restore breast volume or shape following pregnancy, breast feeding and/or weight loss.

Symmetry after breast implants.

Greetings Stacy. There are several asymmetries in the breasts photo you posted. The size, the nipple position and the rib cage being wider. Some of these differences will be better, but not all. Breast implants can improve but not perfect breast asymmetry. Best, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. I would discuss this with your surgeon. His operative plan will have the biggest impact on the eventual symmetry of your breast. If you have not already done so I would also discuss the option for a lifting procedure.

Best wishes
Theodore T Nyame M.D. 

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician