Mass inside nostrils after rhinoplasty

Hi there! I had rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago and inside my nostrils there are masses of... something! I thought it was snot/debris but I have tried to remove it and it feels stuck to the inside of the nostril. It feels very large and lumpy but also as if it has a smooth surface. I use sinus rinse every night. Is there anything else I can do to remove it? What could it be? Thank you!

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Nostril Mass after Rhinoplasty

Possibilities include suture that hasn't dissolved yet, hard crusting or blood clot, abnormal scar formation, shifted cartilage graft. I would continue your saline rinses and apply a topical over-the-counter antibiotic ointment to the area 1-2 times per day.  If the mass is not resolved within 7-10 days then contact your surgeon.  

Good luck!

Clyde Mathison, MD
Knoxville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril masses?

Thanks for your question. I have a couple of thoughts as to what this could be (hard to say for sure without  a picture). Most likely you have some bloody crust caught up in nose hair. It's a little weird for this still to be happening 3 weeks out, but that is most likely. Crusting like this hurts like crazy if you tug on it. The next most likely thing would be that it's pieces of cartilage, either your natural anatomy that is more prominent because of swelling, or cartilage grafts that were placed during your procedure. 

Either way, I'd visit with your surgeon to check it out. Good luck!

Robert S. Schmidt, MD
College Station Facial Plastic Surgeon