What can be done to raise a droopy nose tip after Rhinoplasty?

I just had a primary rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago. The hump on my nose was filed down and that went well. Sutures were used to lift my nasal tip, but I don't notice much change. I know the final results take time; is there anything I can be doing in the meantime to help lift the tip of my nose as I heal? (taping, nasal exercises etc.) Thank you very much!

What can be done to raise a droopy nose tip after rhinoplasty?

At two weeks out after your rhinoplasty at best you should follow your surgeons advice to guide you through this early stage in healing. Typically the tip shape is determined by the technique and goal of the rhinoplasty procedure. It is likely your surgeon planned well for a great result.

Concerns about nasal tip after rhinoplasty

Thanks for the question.  A picture would be helpful.  You will notice significant changes in swelling over the next few weeks especially if an open approach was used for your rhinoplasty.  There is nothing that you specifically can do to shorten length of time for the swelling to resolve other than exercise patience and elevate your head as much as possible to allow for it to resolve.

Droopy nose ?

keep taping and please be patient. A real droopy nose should be considered before 6 months. If a rel droopy nose appears,   a small secondary surgery with local may fix  the  problem . If  there is some asimetry or the patient is very sensitive , a secondary open rhinoplasty will solve the problem. All droopy noses can be  fixed so just be patient and talk to your plastic surgeon . 

Luis Pavajeau, MD
Colombia Plastic Surgeon

I just had a primary rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago.

It is way too soon to judge your results.  The tip may appear droopy, but I highly doubt you are seeing the final result.  It is important to stay in close contact with your surgeon so he can monitor your progress.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD