Is my nose too big for my face? (Photo)

If so how can I make it smaller? How can I make it closer to my face and curved up?

Close rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Nose too big?

Unfortunately the photograph is not suitable for an accurate analysis

.

Two things do seem apparent. Firstly your chin is undersized, creating an imbalance to your profile.  Secondly, your nose is not really large. Your radix appears low and there is a bit of extra height to the dorsum.

The radix should be elevated a bit and the dorsum lowered a bit and the tip rotated upwards.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a nasal tip de-projection to make your entire nose slightly smaller and closer to the rest of your face. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

Your nose is not too big. It could use refinement. You may also want to consider a chin implant as well. Best of luck.

Rhinoplasty

Yes, there are established techniques that may safely make the nose smaller and "closer" to a patient's face.. it is important to seek out surgeons who perform a significant number of rhinoplasty procedures...

Chin augmentation and rhinoplasty can restore better facial proportion

Hello!

Even in an attractive face such as yours, the nose can appear large due to a small chin. Your nose appears big to you because your lower chin is relatively small and set back. I recommend a chin implant to bring your chin more forward and projected. As a result you'll see that your nose is brought into better proportion.  You may also be a candidate for a rhinoplasty although I'd need to see your face from all angles.  I use the "closed approach" to rhinoplasty with hidden incisions in the nostrils.  This is a great technique that is much easier to recover from as compared with the "open approach" (which also has a visible scar).  Overall, a chin augmentation and rhinoplasty together is a great way to bring better overall proportion to your face with about a week of recovery. 

All the best in your search!

Dr. Rad

Ariel N. Rad, MD, PhD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Facial balance is key. Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation

First of all, EmilyNHS20, you are beautiful the way you are. If you’re nose bothers you very often we need to take into consideration the entire facial balance. While you have beautiful features your chin is a bit small in relationship to your cheekbones and brow. A chin implant procedure is a simple way of adding better balance to your entire face without even touching the nose. That may be all that is necessary, however minor contouring of your nose can be performed at the same time. the best option is for you to analyze what bothers you the most and see a board-certified plastic surgeon that performs a number of these procedures.

Brett E. Stompro, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant and rhinoplasty

Your chin is quite receded and you facial profile would be enhanced by a chin implant.   The rhinoplasty could then be done for refinement and would balance with your chin.   My Best,  Dr Commons

Facial proportion and balance

After reviewing your photo, I believe that you are not only a candidate for rhinoplasty to make your existing nose smaller, but you will require a chin implant to help with facial balance.  A small or retrusive chin will often make your nose seem larger than it actually is.

Perhaps, but chin is bigger issue

Without examining you and from a single picture I can only give you a relative assessment of your issues. Big also means different things to different people. Sometimes when patients come into my office and feel that their noses are too big, it is actually that their profile is out of balance. When we look at the size of the nose there are several factors, but a big one for patients is their projection or how far their nose extends away from their face. This can be determined by specific measurements but can be estimated by looking at the length of the lip with the length of the tip of the nose. Your measurements looks relatively the same, or perhaps the nose is slightly overprojected. Your profile also shows that your dorsum could be taken down a little bit as well to give your nose a more refined appearance. Your projection can be reduced while rotating up your nose a slight bit by some minor refinements in the tip during an open rhinoplasty. This would produce a subtle deprojection of the nose (or move the tip in a bit), a slight decrease in rotation (upturn it a bit) and some reduction the the dorsum (remove a tiny bump) giving it a more refined appearance. That being said, the thing that is most apparent is that you have a relatively small chin. When one looks at a woman's chin from her profile it should be just shy of the lower lip. Yours is a bit back from that point. There are a few reasons why this could be: you could have an overbite, you could have a normal bite with a small chin or a combination of both. Overbites usually are best fixed by an oral maxillofacial surgeon to advance the jaw. If you have a normal bite or are unwilling to have the advancement a small chin is helped dramatically by a chin implant. This strengthens your profile and helps your neckline as well. This procedure is very simple and can be done in the office in about an hour. If you did this you may find you don't want to do anything to your nose. I would recommend obviously seeing a local board certified facial plastic surgeon or plastic and reconstructive surgeon that do a large volume of these cases. Good luck!

Matthew Wolpoe, MD
Billings Facial Plastic Surgeon