I got acne scars. What is the best treatment ?

doctor i got acne scars from my teen age due to pimple and i did the ice pcking , now i am 30 . best treatment to get rid of

Fractional laser, or microneedling

Hi there.  We've had excellent results with microneedling.  It seems to be even more powerful for acne scarring than fractional laser (e.g. fraxel) in many people - particularly those with darker skin color.Nothing will help completely, but these procedures, possibly along with scar revisions and excisions of some, and subcisions with fillers, can make a big improvement.

Chestnut Hill Dentist

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited. You should stay out of the sun 2-4 weeks.

Elliot M. Heller, MD