Would a non-surgical nose job make my nose look smaller? (Photos)

My nose has a bump on it and is crooked. This makes it look much larger from the right side, particularly when I smile. The micro saw nose job looks like it would be a good option, but the only dr who performs it is in New York. Would a non surgical nose job make my nose look smaller by adding filler above or below the bump? Thank you!

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty

While the only permanent way to straighten the dorsal hump is with surgical rhinoplasty, depending on the height of the hump and the height of your bridge above the hump, your profile may be amenable to softening with nonsurgical rhinoplasty.

Non-surgical Rhinoplasty can make your nose look more refined.

In a “liquid”, or “non-surgical” rhinoplasty, a combination of Botox and facial fillers are injected to achieve the desired result without a scalpel. In the right candidate, a Liquid Rhinoplasty can even out irregularities along the bridge of the nose, make the nose appear straighter, raise the nasal bridge, or camouflage a dorsal hump on the profile view. Although you are technically adding volume with filler, the end result is often a nose that appears smaller and more refined. The idea is to change the way light hits your nose, creating a kind of semi-permanent contour makeup on your nose. During a liquid procedure, ice is used to numb the skin, and small needles are used to inject filler and/or Botox. Not all nose concerns are amenable to liquid, non-surgical, rhinoplasty, but if you’re among the lucky (or unlucky, depending upon how you look at it), you can skip the pain and recovery of surgery. Results are dramatic and instant. I suggest seeking out a board certified injector with experience doing non-surgical rhinoplasties, as there is definitely a learning curve. Good luck!

Dara Liotta, MD

Would a non-surgical nose job make my nose look smaller

A non-surgical nose job involves injecting filler into areas of the nose. By the fact that you are adding material, there is no way to make it smaller, although the appearance can be altered.

Julio Garcia, MD

Non-surgical rhinoplasty can only make the nose bigger

Non-surgical rhinoplasty refers to using soft tissue fillers to change the contours of the nose. 

By injecting the filler, the idea is to create a more even surface. When you inject a filler, you increase the overall volume and size of the nose. 

This office-based procedure is not risk free. There is potential for tissue death. And the procedure is not permanent. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical or surgical rhinoplasty

Dear doineedtochange, A non surgical nose job will make the nose look larger and not smaller. When a patient presents with your current situation which is a dorsal hump and crooked nose then surgical intervention via a rhinoplasty is your best choice. In expert hands you can have a very natural looking rhinoplasty results that slightly reduces the dorsal hump and straightens the nose adding a nice facial balance without changing any aesthetics drastically. Seek some consultations and have imaging performed to show you the possibilities of rhinoplasty, review the surgeons before and after photographs to ensure natural looking results and then you will be well informed to make a decision. See some examples in the link below and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Surgical rhinoplasty for the dorsal hump and crooked nose

When patient's have a crooked nose and a dorsal hump, a surgical rhinoplasty  needs to be performed. Nonsurgical rhinoplasty will make the nose bigger, not smaller, and only on a temporary basis. The dorsal hump is composed of  both bone and cartilage which must be shave down in order to remove it. When the nose is crooked, osteotomies are required  to straighten the  bridge line. and patient's have a concave upper lateral cartilage in the midportion of the nose, a spreader graft was placed to straighten that portion of the nose. For more information and many examples, please see the video and the link below

Rhinoplasty

There are many surgeons that use a motorized micro saw in rhinoplasties, you were just duped by one guy who made it seem like only he does it.  Also, what he does is still a surgery, no different than any other rhinoplasty. As for using filler, your nose is substantially curved, and I'm afraid your nose will look too wide from the front, although it would improve your three quarter and lateral views. My recommendation is to just get a rhinoplasty, you'll be happier.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Non surgical rhinoplasty

As others have mentioned, adding a filler substance at the radix will increase the volume and raise the area, softening the hump. So the nose will not look smaller. It will be larger with less of a hump. Most FDA approved fillers, are temporary, too.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty adds volume

Filling in the radix and dorsum around your prominent bump with a filler might draw the eye away from the bump, but it won't make your nose smaller, it will make it bigger.  Don't get hung up on the method of rhinoplasty - the result will depend on the surgeon, not the tools.

"Non-Surgical" Nose Job to Make Nose Smaller

"Non-surgical" nose job to make the nose smaller. Augmenting a nose with fillers can improve nasal contours but will not make the nose smaller.