Can I use hot water towel on the grafts and is it mandatory the transplanted hair to fall?

now its 15 days after FUE hair transplant. Somone advised me to put hot water towel on the transplanted are. \he said it will increase blood flow which is good for the hair follicle. And plz advise when i should expect the transplanted hair to fall before it grow again.

Wash your hair as instructed by your doctor. If you are not sure or unclear of the instructions, contact your doctor.

Wash your hair as instructed by your doctor.  If you are not sure or unclear of the instructions, contact your doctor.  Listen to YOUR DOCTOR.  Not "someone" or strangers.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post operative care

2 weeks after your procedure, depending on how your procedure was performed and the medications used preoperatively, you should be able to begin a light exercise routine, begin your normal wash routine using only organic products, and use low pressure water on the recipient region.

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Hot Towel After Transplant

Yes, you can use the hot towel after 2 weeks. It will increase some blood flow and feels great. It shouldn't have any effect on your grafts at this point either. 

The transplanted hairs will most likely fall out around the 2 week to a month marks and will start to re-grow around the 3 -6 month mark. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post op care

Yes, you can use a warm wet towel. An FUE is treated just like a regular hair transplant with regard to the recipient area, but the donor area has open wounds which require daily washing with soap and water. Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post op care #fue #hairtransplant

after two weeks post op you can return to your washing routine without worrying about losing the grafts.  Most of the hair shafts will fall off after Hairtransplant, but there are about 10 percent that may continue to grow in. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon