Mentor Memory Gel 400cc high profile round. What size would this take me to?

25 years old, require uplift and enlargement - had one child and breast fed for 6 months. 5ft 7 and 9 stone. Can anyone advise what size this would take me to? I'm worried 400cc will be very large and look fake with it being high profile? Surgeon said it will be partial. Anybody similar size and have before / after pics? Also been advised 10 days for heeling then can return to work is this correct? Also how do you find out about aftercare, insurance on offer?

A very general often quoted idea is that 150-200cc of implant will increase you by one cup size in the same style and manufacturer of bra that you currently wear. To learn more about sizing please read below:

What size will I be?

Thanks for this important question. The 400 cc breast implant is one of the most popular sizes I use in my practice. It consistently delivers nice volume that patients perceive as just right - not too big or too small. However, every one is different in terms of their body appearance, so the best resource to tell you where you will be after this size, in terms of cup, is your plastic surgeon. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Breast Implant Revision/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

It depends on your chest wall measurements and existing breast tissue as implant size does not accurately correlate to a bra size.  It also depends on the brand and style of bra you wear as size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Thank you for the question. Despite your good description of body type and goals, online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging)  as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

There is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved. For example, I do not think that the generalizations of "200 cc equates to 1 cup" hold any validity or are helpful in any specific or practical way. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, 

I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.