Which implant has more projection in 500cc moderate or moderate plus in Mentor implants?

500cc is the implant that has been recommend for my size (breast pockets) I will be having over the muscle and I am currently a 36b. I have been offered moderate profile and was wondering if moderate plus is much bigger (profile)

Mentor Implants

Thank you for your question. Moderate plus has more projection. During your consultation I like to find out your goals (I.e. What cup size you would like to be). It's important to measure the width of your breast to determine which implant you need. We have special breast sizers that you can place in a bra and get an idea of what the different size implants will look like. Patients find this very beneficial. I use the bloodlessbreast technique which I invented. Bleeding is minimal, typically there is no bruising after surgery, and recovery is quicker versus traditional technique.  For more information please watch the enclosed video and I hope you find this helpful. 

Moderate vs Moderate Plus?

The difference between the moderate and moderate plus style is very straightforward - in the same volume ( 500cc for example), the moderate plus implant has a narrower diameter and more projection.  I hope this helps.

Breast Augmentation - Projection

Thank you for your question. Moderate Plus implants have more projection than Moderate implants. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Moderate plus profile breast implants will have more projection than moderate profile breast implants (assuming same volume).   As you are considering your options, make sure that you learn about the pros/cons associated with breast implants place in the sub muscular versus  subglandular position. You will find a lot of information on this website.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "C or D cup” or "much bigger" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery,  after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast  augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.