Which is better or is there much difference between Mentor MemoryGel implants and Natrelle INSPIRA fully filled implant? (Photo)

Hello! I just had my consultation with my plastic surgeon where he showed me all my implant options. We both decided that silicone gel under the muscle was the way to go due to my goals for the look and feel and my slender frame. I have the option of either the Mentor MemoryGel or the Natrelle INSPIRA implants and I didn't know if in your experiences there is much difference between the two or which would be better. Thanks in advance for any light you could shed on this topic for me!!

Subtle differences

Hi.  The Mentor Memory Gel round silicone implants are very popular at our practice, especially the mod+ and high profiles.  The Allergan Inspira implant is also a good device, but their shapes are subtly different from each other.  If you like the rounder look of the more "filled up implant" you might like the Inspira, but not everyone does.  They both have very similar gel types used.

Which is better?

There are many options for breast implants and I suggest you communicate often and well with your plastic surgeon about the kind of result you're looking to achieve. Overfilled breast implants will project more and look less natural for that reason. The normal filled breast implants can look more natural as they are more forgiving. If you want natural then go with a standard filled breast implant (MemoryGel) and if you want to look more fake then consider an overfilled or highly projecting breast implant. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Implant selection

from your photos you do not really need a memory gel implant. They are very expensive and firmer to the touch they routine gel implants. You would have a nice result with a high profile gel implant under the muscle.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon