Do I need to put anything on my stomach after an etching for the ab etching to show?

I got a liposuction with an eching the doctor gave me a compression board and these silicone round strips that look like pens to put over my stomach to make the ab eching pop out .. Do I have to put anything on my stomach for the ab eching to show?

Ab etching

Sounds like he gave you what you need. Just use those compression devices, and be sure to ask your surgeon if you have any questions about appropriately applying them.

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Post op compression after abdominal etching

Sounds like your doctor gave you everything you need. If you have specific concerns or questions about what you should be doing it is usually best to contact your surgeon again. For my patients I use similar post op compression/dressings. 

Regards,

Surjit S. Rai, MD (DrRai.net)

Surjit S. Rai, MD
Dallas Physician

Etching

Great question!  This is a very common question.

The orientation of the post-op supplies over your abdomen is very important. The correct way to wear your post-op garment will change your result. I would suggest contacting your PS for additional post op education.                                                                              

I wish you well through your recovery process,
James McAdoo DO FACOS, AOA dual board certified plastic surgeon

Abdominal Etching

Hello and thank you for your question. Your surgeon should have specific instructions about dressings you should use. Many people will use an abdominal binder and foam padding placed in a way to enhance the etching. I would suggest you speak to your surgeon. 

Best Wishes

Theodore T. Nyame MD 

Harvard-Trained Plastic Surgeon

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

Abdominal etching

Hi and thanks for the question.

Yes, use the silicone strips provided by your doctor and apply as instructed.

Best of luck.

Glenn Vallecillos, MD