After upper eyelids surgery the bridge of my nose is swollen; is that supposed to happen?

I'm 4 days in to my upper eyelids surgery, and under eyes fillers. But the bridge of my noise is swollen. Its stars from the middle of my eye all the way down to my noise. Is that suppose to happen? Please let me know. I'm feeling a little scared by this.

Swelling After Surgery and Fillers

It is very early in the post-operative period and with the addition of fillers this is not unusual. It should resolve within a few weeks, but at this point I would not be concerned.

Fort Lauderdale Oculoplastic Surgeon

Swelling after bleoharoplasty

the swelling that you are describing is normal in the early post-operative period. Keep the head elevated and check with your surgeon at the next visit.  It may take a few weeks for the swelling to resolve. 

Flora Levin, MD FACS
Westport Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelids

Yes swelling of your nose bidge after eyelid surgery is normal, especially only 4 days post op. Keep your head elevated. If you have any more questions contact your surgeon.

Kevin Dieffenbach, MD
Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

Post upper lid bleph

IT would be totally normal to get some swelling at the top of the nose after upper eyelid surgery.  This will go down as you heal.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Swelling over the bridge of the nose after blepharoplasty

Swelling may cross the bridge of the nose after blepharoplasty and this is normal. Also, as Dr. Steinsapir noted, the brows may descend, and this may cause tissue to appear bunched up over the nasal bridge when the frontalis is relaxed. Follow up with your surgeon for reassurance and evaluation of your progress. Best wishes.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Perfectly normal.

The swelling may take even weeks to fully resolve.  Hang in there.  Things get better.  If you are not fully resolved in 2 to 3 months, then you might have an issue.  Sometimes, the issue is relaxation of the entire eyebrow after upper blepharoplasty.  Consider sharing a photo if the issue continues.

Swelling

Swelling after a blepharoplasty i common and you may have swelling on the bridge of your nose. Best of luck.

Swelling after surgery

Swelling after eyelid surgery is normal, especially only 4 days post op. Keep in touch with your surgeon, but head elevation and gentle massage will help. Good luck!

Arnold Almonte, DO
Roseville Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after blepharoplasty

Swelling after blepharoplasty is normal although it can vary widely. This patient is four days following the blepharoplasty and filler injection of the tear troughs, which is much too early to make a judgment. Massage, head elevation, and perhaps warm compresses might help. Have faith in your surgeon and keep in close contact

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Swelling after upper eyelid surgery

This is likely normal swelling after eyelid surgery, but you should make sure that your surgeon is aware of your condition.  Can you provide a photo?  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon